Legendary Fried Chicken & Nashville Hot Chicken Hits L.A. - Howlin' Ray's New Restaurant!

@frommtron @Chowseeker1999

Have I told you recently how much I love you?

I do.

3 Likes

I got mine. Half hour later thought I should get anotherā€¦ alasā€¦ said ā€œsold out.ā€

1 Like

Damn for being out at dinner with friends. Totally missed itā€¦thanks to @Chowseeker1999 and @frommtron for the heads up!

1 Like

No!!! I missed it this.

Hi @attran99 @A5KOBE,

Aw darn! :frowning: They sold out really fast this time.

I remember during the original Christmas sale it was available for longer. Hopefully theyā€™ll put it back on sale this Christmas season as well.

1 Like

ARGH!!! I saw it late last night but had a work event I needed to prep for this morning, so I wanted to go to sleep ā€œIā€™ll wake up early tomorrow to buy one. Hope it doesnā€™t sell out.ā€ Drat!

Well, itā€™ll come around again (hopefully). Thanks to all for the advance notice!

1 Like

All gone! I had it open, but didnā€™t pull the trigger right away. Shit! Iā€™m turning on notifications right now!

2 Likes

Hi @TheCookie,

Darn. Hopefully youā€™ll get it next time they go on sale. Iā€™ll try and ask the staff if they know when it might go back up next time weā€™re there.

2 Likes

I was there last Wednesday to eat at Fortune. At about 11:15 there were only about a dozen people in line. Maybe things are finally calming down.

3 Likes

For reference, line was only 45 min at 11:45 a.m. today, Wednesday. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™d rather pay full price with less wait. But thatā€™s just me.

It is full price as far as I know.

Hi @J_L,

? Was there a special discount for Howlinā€™ recently? :sweat_smile: The menu was the full / normal price today. Just saying that the wait wasnā€™t as bad as expected during prime lunch hour. :slight_smile:

Also, we finally used a Fastpass today. Walked straight to the front of the line, picked up our order and left in 5 minutes. :blush: So worth it.

Suggestion: For those using a Fastpass or taking it to go, try eating the food immediately to preserve that piping hot, crispy-crunchy goodness. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh crap. I was responding to the Tommy Burger promotion thread. Brain fart.

2 Likes

whatā€™s the best to-go thing to get here if Iā€™m not going to eat it for 8 hours. A batterā€™s box?

Hi @Ns1,

Will you be able to refrigerate it, or youā€™re planning on leaving it at room / car temperature for 8 hours? (just checking (not sure if thatā€™s safe).)

But to-go to eat for later on? Weā€™ve had good success with getting extra Leg & Thigh pieces. Level 1 Country (No Spice) holds up the nicest IMHO. Note that at least for Level 2 Mild and Level 3 Medium and Level 3+ Medium+, they reheat well, but the spices seem to get more concentrated / spicier when reheated. :sweat_smile:

@A5KOBEā€™s favorite is a Batterā€™s Box, which we havenā€™t tried yet, but Leg & Thigh remains crispy-crunchy when we heat up an extra order the next day at 325 (or 300) degrees for about 15 minutes (not sure how even your oven heats, so keep an eye on it). :slight_smile:

Enjoy!

I would be buying it and then heading back, so 2 hours out of refrigeration

thanks for the tip on reheat.

Anything @ X-Hot or Howlin and reheat. Youā€™ll be too distracted to notice.

unfortunately my wife canā€™t eat anything spicy anymore, and I did not particularly enjoy my last x-hot experience - I ate wings with gloves, knife and forkā€¦and I still didnā€™t finish my 1 wing. I like spice, but not like that.

also, appears you can no longer preorder.