Lovely Handmade Korean-Chinese Noodles - Lee's Noodles

whos barry ???

where did you grub on the fried twinkies fromm ???

I got to gets me there.

@kevin, heh, @secretasianman was “barryc” on CH. He mentioned he changed his handle here on FTC when we first started the board.

it’s the same spot. odd little spot that appears to be a fried chicken spot, korean/chinese noodle spot, and a coffee/boba spot with a fried twinkee/mars bar thrown in. quite the mash up of a place in a strip mall next to a paint shop. only in la.

the same guy you sent a friend request to facebook - and already forgot about.!!!

they’re listed right in the middle of the pic of the menu.

i wonder if it’s not the attention span as much as a retention span.

shit, my fucking bad.

now what’s with the fucking exclamation points ???

question marks are fucking one thing, exclamation points are another.

actually, i’d be kinda surprised if you remembered.

FWIW, a lot of times the answer is earlier in the same thread.

not that barryc now = secretasianman, but a lot of times.

of course, if you’re going off a mobile device most of the time, this may be more problematic. but i’m more or less desktop-oriented.

still, my writing style and vernacular, not to mention my predilection to type in lower case (from my hacker days) are pretty much unchanged for those who track those nuances.

1 Like

The Asian e.e. cummings…

Who makes the best jja jang myeon these days? My mother in law is in Korea for the next month so I’m in charge of feeding my father in law. He wants jja jang myeon for dinner Sunday.

Please make a good suggestion preferably in the OC. LA is still ok. I am going to NBC for dim sum on Sunday morning despite my protests. Tried to move the dim sum party to Elite but the people I’m going with are obviously heathens. Two bad meals on Sunday is unacceptable.

101 Noodle Express version doesn’t look bad but I’ve never had it. I see several people order it every time I go.

I’m stuck on dumplings and the pork rib noodle there.

@Porthos

Interesting. Does 101 make the Chinese version of Jiajiangmian, or the Korean-Chinese version (Black Sauce) of Jajangmyeon?

Thanks.

Looks like the Chinese version with minced pork (listed right about the Dan Dan noodles).

101noodleexpress.com is for sale | HugeDomains

Maybe swing my Carinitas Uruapan also to compare vs the ones at GCM? :wink:

Will consider only because you can’t go wrong with beef roll and dumplings from there no matter what.

I’d consider Lee’s but seems to get very mixed reviews.

At this rate I’ll probably just go back to Earthen as long as Tony C doesn’t condemn me.

101 makes a bastardized Chinese-Taiwanese version of JJM.

If you want straight up Tawainese style JJM, go to Sin Ba La. Pair it with a plate of their sausage with wasabi. Goes down real easy together.

Personally, I’m sucker for JJM at Dai Ho.

But if you want Beijing style go to Beijing Tasty House (for broad flat fettuccine-style noodles) or Beijing Pie House (for thinner noodles). This is as close to Korean style as you’re going to get in SGV me thinks.

But for the best noodles, you might head over to Lao Xi. The sauce can be a bit sweet, but the noodles are toothsome with copious amounts of “Q”

Or, you can just come over to my place and I’ll whip you up a batch …

3 Likes

OP prefers OC :wink:

My bad.

I’ll go and SFTU now.

@Sgee, I got around to trying a few more Jajangmyeon places (including Zzamong) today. Thanks.

I think I like Lee’s more for sure.

My thoughts here:

Thanks a bunch ipse. :wink:

I’m more of a fan of the Korean-Chinese style of JJM, and thanks to you I have my favorite now (Lee’s). :smile:

I’ll have to try this Lao Xi place one day.