Majordomo - Chinatown

I like the bing:oxtail ratio.

2 Likes

How are these two dishes?

1 Like

my friends enjoyed it - but they specifically very much enjoyed the ahi tuna (I’m a vegetarian, so I ate the veggie dishes)

1 Like

Do you eat/taste the caviar that you sell?

yeah i eat eggs. There’s a dispute between vegetarians if fish eggs are considered vegetarian like poultry eggs are - but since I’m not a vegetarian for ethical reasons, I’m on the “all eggs are fine” camp.

8 Likes

i really enjoyed the tuna tartare, lots of flavor and nice texture.

tuna tartare, aonori, habanero, shiso

benton’s reserve country ham

foie gras, ricotta & jam

grilled cabbage, xo sauce, mint, lemon

crispy potatoes, crunchy ryu, lemon mayo

grilled wagyu zabuton, white soy, egg yolk

citrus pavlova

14 Likes

That cabbage looks great.

1 Like

the citrus one is my favorite one yet. Triggered my “not to sweet” sensibilities big time

2 Likes

Way salty on my visit. Definitely overshadowed by those crack cocaine potatoes.

Hi @PorkyBelly

Hmmm… anything else? How was the foie, ricotta, jam? It looks a little strange. What does the egg yolk do for the steak? Asking for a friend. :slightly_smiling_face: Thanks.

1 Like

I never really thought about it and always put roe in the non-vegetarian food category until last week at Manuela when my strict life long vegetarian sister ate trout roe. She said “They’re eggs. I feel like eating them.” Okay!

It’s good but agree that it’s nothing close to the potatoes

the foie was frozen and then shaved so it melted in your mouth like a creamy, liver-y snow, the jam provided the sweetness and when eaten with some ham and piping hot bing, it’s like the foie version of ham, butter and honey.

the steak was super tender and flavorful, the egg yolk was meant to be a dipping sauce like in sukiyaki. I ate mine with rice and the crack cocaine potatoes, it was delicious. I believe previous versions of this dish came with a side of onions or mushrooms, I think that would have been even better, not sure why they removed that.

citrus pavlova was a bit tart, my favorite is the stone fruit pavlova :heart:

6 Likes

No more BS fries with the steaks?

1 Like

damn, usually it is your pictures that make my mouth water, but you made that sound amazing with words alone! I need some foie snow.

4 Likes

Nice @PorkyBelly! :heart::blush::heart:

1 Like

I wondered about that too. Do you like these more less or the same @PorkyBelly? Thanks.

1 Like

foie snow makes me miss voltaggio’s version at ink.

2 Likes

I haven’t seen the bs fries since the beginning of the pandemic :sob:

2 Likes

When they reopened in the fall of 2020 I had them on my visit. So maybe they will be back!

2 Likes