Majordomo - Chinatown

You really going to bring Kanye into this discussion on a food forum??
Way to take responsibility pal :+1:

6 Likes

Had a wonderful dinner at Majordomo Sunday night. For us, Majordomo rarely disappoints, but last sunday was superb. Bings, mushroom fried rice, pork bo ssam, riz au lait were all delcioso. Great wine list. Incredible service (competent, friendly, efficient, welcoming) from the servers and the sommelier.
Its not a restaurant where I like to eat frequently, but about once a quarter is surely delivers!

5 Likes

any duck rice sightings?

1 Like

Not on our last visit. I think we had it last July but not since.

I was there Sunday Jan 1 as well! Agreed, everything was fantastic and lived up to all of my previous visits. My only disappointment was no BS fries :frowning:

Apparently BS fries were on the NYE tasting menu, and then the staff got to eat the leftovers the next morning :joy:

4 Likes

We could have had an FTC encounter!
I also asked about them fries and got the same answer. They compensated by giving us an extra desert on the house.

1 Like

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Screenshot_20230210-092959~8

enhance

Screenshot_20230210-092959~9

enhance

Screenshot_20230210-092959~10

14 Likes

Lol BS fries is back! Haven’t been to majordomo in a minute.

3 Likes

Yah just went yesterday - BS fries are back!

Also don’t sleep on the new Astrea Caviar dish ^_^. 30g of schrenckii with a delicious egg whip and mini disk bings

3 Likes

Looks like I just missed the BS fries….that’s BS!

2 Likes

Weird night at domo! Party of 6 and not a terribly crowded Valentine’s Day. On the patio and our server mostly absent and weirdly paced food. Maybe a 3.5 hour dinner, understaffed perhaps?

Short rib great as always, other highlight was the stuffed peppers and the spicy fusilli. Sad that the chickpea pasta is 58$ now with mandatory trufflage.

Waffle dessert came out cold AF.

Either way, a good night with the pals and we’ll chalk it up to a holiday and staffing!

5 Likes

Can you order the BS fries a la carte or does it only come with the rib eye? We pre-ordered the short rib so probably not gonna double up on beef.

@Clayfu - the Astrea Caviar dish is different than the caviar, egg yolk and chive bing? I don’t see that dish on the menu online.

that’s the dish. recent menu.

3 Likes

if they have enough you may be able to order alc.

ok I’ll ask… what are BS fries and how are they different than normal fries?

3 Likes

I’m not sure of the exact preparation but the two times I had them they were fucking delicious fries. I believe they soaked them and froze them like mcdonalds and then double cooked them with an air dry in the middle to get them soft inside and fluffy outside 2 or 3 day process. There was also a quite a bit of hype because of their rarity. Originally they offered them a la carte but they took them off their menu for awhile because it was so time consuming to make. Then they brought them back only to pair with >100 steak. You could ask for them sometimes and if they had extra portions they would try to accommodate your request.

Definitely worth having if you go, see this thread for more info:

3 Likes

they’re named after bill simmons, take two to three days to make and involve freezing, dehydrating, and I believe chicken salt.

5 Likes

We got the last a la carte order of the BS fries last night. How do we know this to be true? We tried to order another round and the waitress told us. We did see an order of BS fries go to the table next to us half hour later where @matthewkang was eating with a friend. To be fair they ordered the rib eye which comes with the BS fries. I was going to go over and say hi to Matt but the owner was chatting with them for a long time.

The bings were great as ever. We didn’t ball out for the Astrea Caviar but the Benton’s ham and the OG butter honey are great together.

It’s the first time we ordered the short rib in a long time and it was excellent. The rice is so luxurious. Back of the owners head in 2nd pic.

20 Likes

haha nice! Dave Chang kept bothering us and our dinner got interrupted for an hour. Hence those BS fries coming later than expected. Say hi anytime, always happy to chat. And just push Chang out of the way :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes