Majordomo - Chinatown

dunno how up to date the list is online

Julien Labet En Chalasse Jura FR ‘16 132 - non oxidative style jura chardonnay - one of my favorite producers at the price

Marcel Lapierre Cuvee Viellis Vignes Morgon FR ‘20 119 - love all things Lapierre

Domaine Rouchier La Chave St Joseph FR ‘16 141 - well made natural syrah

2 Likes

Thank you screen shotted for next time!

majordomo_thing

Anybody know what this is? A dessert? (From their Instagram feed today.)

Egg waffle. It’s a classic Hong Kong street dessert snack. Ideally, it should have a smooth and crispy exterior while the inside is airy and fluffy.

8 Likes

Their riff on the classic HK egg waffle. Tried to get them to put some caviar in it for the lols. no dice

4 Likes

Maybe I’ll try to make rhis.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ckl_VcUvy5q/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

2 Likes

I’ve had the Momofuku Bo Ssam recipe at a friend’s backyard bbq. Feeds a crowd and is very satisfying.

2 Likes

and very easy

Thank you for posting! Amazing idea. I often crave this but don’t want to go out. Will definitely try at home.

I have also served this recipe to a crowd and it was delicious and popular.

The Bo Ssam recipe is great. Worked a summer camp and served it up for 120 kids. Felt bad for the vegetarian kids…

4 Likes

What is this new dish (from their Instagram feed)? Looks like a twist on a crocroquembouche.

1 Like

Presentation looks like the same dish, but the new one doesn’t look like a waffle.

it’s the same

https://www.majordomo.la/patio

1 Like

If they’re using the same waffle iron, they’re somehow shaping or assembling them into a crocroquembouche-like dome and trimming the edges. The new one also looks like it has more balls. Maybe they decided to chef it up to make it more distinctive.

What a great dessert menu.

Peony

How do I say this, ummm? I enjoyed the food as always, but I feel…umm…some of the dishes were not executed as well as the chef intended [them] to be. How do I say that…? I think the dish was designed to be better than what we tasted. This actually happened to us before, that we ordered the same dish but in different occasions, and then one visit the dish tasted so much better than another visit. But still, they are likable the way they are, and the staff are extremely friendly, and the environment is great.

Warrior

5.0 Warrior Points.

Some chefs are like musicians in that they need a band. Everything from Help! on is better than the Beatles’ solo albums. (Exception: Yellow Submarine). David Chang needs a band. He has some great flavor ideas, but his dishes miss the mark. (Yes, I have been to Ko.)

This is the first time I’ve worn all Everlane clothes. Everlane t-shirt, Everlane sweatpants, Everlane underwear, Everlane socks, Everlane shoes.

Peony was preoccupied tonight. The reagent was wrong.

The mussels with crispy rice had amazing flavor and was a brilliant concept, but it was too salty. Dishes are often too salty at Majordomo. The chef needs a chefmate with a more delicate palate.

The striped bass was terrible. Overcooked. The sauce was way too thick and strong for the fish.

I had no interesting thoughts tonight, conquered again by ineluctable modalities of the senses. I am not a hedonist, I’m hedonisted, God/science made me this way. Kanye had no choice either.

I threw up when I got home because I had this salty taste in my mouth and I’m still on a diet. It’s still salty. Too much salt.

The wine was the one thing that was genuinely good tonight. Maybe it’s best I stick to wine. Wine and Peony (and Mom and Dad and Grandma) are the only things I really love.

Edit: the oysters were good too and I also love oysters

we loved this dish

1 Like

How about the agua?

Love agua. I can’t think of anything more vulgar than soda other than cigarettes.

1 Like