Mid-City, Beverly-Grove, Fairfax, Melrose & Parts Surrounding

It never appealed to me even though we lived across the street for a decade. I think we were walking by one day and asked to be seated and were greeted with such LA reservations, attitude filled inquiry that I walked off before they finished looking at their half empty space.

1 Like

Funny! Yeah, now that I know you better I know it’s not your kind of place. :wink:

Lucques right next door though was always my kind of place.

2 Likes

You made the right call. Ate there once many years ago and never returned.

i can freakin make sandwiches and fry potatos at home without the tude

Genuine question: is Russian known fro great hamburgers? Wondering what the appeal of the place might be.

Heck no, that’s why i’m confused. I think they’re armenians even… how are they going to compete in burgers across the street from Golden Road!

This time looking for something casual but a little swankier for my cuz’s bday dinner. He’s not an adventurous eater and doesn’t eat red meat and the last time he ate an oyster he got violently sick and found out he’s allergic. That was also courtesy of us. We refer to it as the night we almost killed N. on his birthday. He loves chicken and does like fish. He can’t stop talking about the Dover Sole at Republique. He’s been to Osteria Mozza and goes to Commerson a lot. We want to take him someplace he hasn’t been. Thinking Lucques (but menu is limited and maybe too “exotic” for him) or maybe Jar (expensive cocktails :smirk:). What are you guys loving in this neck of the woods at the moment?

Thanks!

polla alla diavola su crostone at spacca?

3 Likes

Oh yeah! Perfect!

raku?

2 Likes

Angler

2 Likes

We already took him and his fancy girlfriend to Raku. It’s definitely Chi Spacca. I sent him your chicken photo. Thankfully, fancy girlfriend (one of my bff) won’t be joining us. It is so not glam enough for her. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

That was my second choice!

Baadmaash guys are opening a burger spot on fairfax? Am I counting correctly?

Them,
Golden State
Black Star
The new hispsta looking spot with neon just north of rosewood
I’m sure Animal has a burger

So that’s 5 within a block? are these people thinking ?

2 Likes

I thought that too, but it’s opening on La Brea.

Oh good. We have no go to over there and need a new burger spot

1 Like

The blueberry bar is incredible. So lightly sweetened

3 Likes

It looks f-ing incredible.

PSA: Mid-City Dwellers - Cinco de Mayo Pop-up

https://www.instagram.com/p/COT8MX-DwVj/?igshid=1ej67j9mzejw4

https://www.commersonrestaurant.com/?mc_cid=7062d6339c&mc_eid=c98b0bd369

3 Likes