New Elite Restaurant

Something called New Elite Restaurant opened up in San Gabriel recently. Yelpers say it’s run by the manager of Elite Restaurant in Monterey Park. New Elite is Cantonese but apparently does not serve dim sum. The question is what’s going on with Elite Restaurant? Google marks them permanently closed, while Yelp says they are temporarily closed. Yelp had indicated they would reopen December 31, 2023, but when that day passed they changed that to December 31, 2024. But recently they amended that to September 30, 2024.

7 Likes

Didn’t they have a fire? I may be confusing this with another dim sum. I did love Elite and hoe they return with dim sum.

They did have a fire, though that was a while ago now. I hope they reopen. :slightly_frowning_face:

IIRC the dim sim chef left elite a while back and opened a hole in the wall dim sum place on peck in elmonte. he wouldn’t be coming back, but given the hiatus i’d assume that the majority of the staff would have found other jobs and wouldn’t be expected to return either. the point is that if the staff was instrumental in making elite what it was in the past, a subsequent iteration might not produce a reincarnation.

1 Like