NYC Trip 2024

We’re finally coming back and this time in town for 10 days. So the key is to find great food but do it in a way that keeps us from feeling too fat, too full, etc.

We plan to hit Tomino Taberna (loved it last time), Una Pizza, Little Alley (2x as a way to get a lighter meal), Leitao, Ci Siamo, Hakka Cuisine and Zaytinya.

We have a few dinners open and would love some new ideas. More importantly though, what are some good ideas for lighter fare at lunch? We love soup noodles, sandwiches, pizza, etc.

Thanks!

2 Likes

l’Industrie

1 Like

Where abouts are you staying at? Will you be willing to take the train to Brooklyn and Queens?

1 Like

I really enjoyed my meal at Dhamaka in Essex Food Hall. May be too heavy…

You could do a Tik Tok influenced Chinatown lunch crawl, like Deluxe Green Bo and Shanghai 21 among others. Or Golden Diner!

S&P luncheonette is a fun throwback New York style lunch counter. Russ and Daughters fits the bill for light and lunch.

I would consider a West Village NY pizza bang bang with L’Industrie and Mama’s Too.

Also Superiority Burger (a vegetarian restaurant) in the East Village is a great lunch option given your interests!

2 Likes

we’re staying near 37th and 7th. So pretty easy access to everthing. But probably not going to leave the island… I would but my wife won’t, lol.

any good noodle shops we can hit for lunch? How is tasty handpulled noodles in Chnatown?

I usually stay in that area bc it’s close to my office.

On 34th street you can pick up Utopia Bagels and Russ & Daughters. They are like 6-7 avenues away from each other but the right combination of great bagel and great fish.

Lot of good ramen in the area. Ippudo. Ichiran. Totto. Yakitori Totto is also a great option.

+1 on Mamas Too and L’Industrie
Zillions Pizza closer to you is on my list and I’ve never been. Gets good reviews.

1 Like

I was pretty keen on King last time I was there, and Pete Wells likes it too. Good, clean unfussy cooking.

2 Likes

Try Gupshup, a slightly fusion-y Indian joint. If you’re into cocktails at all, Attaboy, Patent Pending, Death and Co., and Amor y Amargo are musts

Foxface Natural
Dhamaka
Four Horsemen
Tatiana
Roscioli

Check out the Eater lists and the Infatuation

1 Like

You can find it online pretty easy but they have this “Combe Bazin” Chardonnay from Domaine de Chassorney on the bottle list that’s really cool. Never been to King but I love that bottle

1 Like