Oahu again

Back on oahu eating some food

Elephant shack doing legit Thai food on north shore. Lots of wok hei and fish sauce flavors.

6 Likes

7 brothers a mini chainlet started in laie.

Teri burger. Damn good Teri burger

Didn’t get their fries but they are good too

3 Likes

Impossibles pizza serviceable pizza on the north shore the guy lives the life he only works thurs and fri from 230-6 takes phone orders and sells out.

Also had giovannis shrimp today pretty meh tastes like every other garlic butter shrimp out there.

1 Like

Paala Kai mini market. They make Hawaiian Korean Japanese mash up food and bentos. Spicy ebi musubi mixed with a go hh mayo. We also got the japchae and fried chicken. Run by a nice older Korean couple packed with locals.

Paala Kai bakery is right next door too!

We also went to the Waialua farmers market and got some Star fruit, dragon fruit, papayas and tangerines.

2 Likes

Fresh pineapple so good. Tropical fruit in tropical locations is just different when ripe.

That’s one thing I wish LA had access to

5 Likes

Koko head cafe moved to a new plaza but their skillet rices are still pretty good. The crispy rice puts many a paella to shame.

I think I still prefer over easy or mokes for brunch but the flavors are definitely more sophisticated at Koko head.

2 Likes

Sweet as -New Zealand style soft serve everyone must try!

1 Like

Nami Kaze-

Excellent meal at honolulu magazines best new restaurant at 2023. All the dishes and flavor combinations were interesting but in harmony.

We had quite a few other dishes but posting just a couple of pics. Def worth checking out if you’re in Honolulu. Their veggie dishes might even be better than their cooked protein dishes

3 Likes

Fresh Star fruit from farmers market probably grown in someone’s back yard. Tastes almost like citrusy licorice style belt candy almost.

Another trip to 7 bros got the paniolo burger

Shave ice from kamaiana they use real fruit in their syrups.

2 Likes

Senia-imo still one of the best restaurants in the country. If this was in LA it’d be probably too 1 or 2 restaurant for me.

2 Likes

Zigu great local spot for drinks and food in Waikiki with a Hawaiian spin on japanese style Izakaya. Our favorite casual resto in Waikiki.

3 Likes

Off the hook poke in manoa. Filled with Asian tourists the ginger garlic poke reminiscent of white cut chicken is the go to

2 Likes

Thanksgiving dinner catered by guava smoked one of my favorite casual options. Some of the best smoked black cod, salmon belly, and galbi anywhere.

Mildly smoked with guava wood.

2 Likes

No pictures but the sushi sho bara chirashi for 40 dollars is an insane deal.

I think someone said it’s the best deal for chirashi and I would have to agree the price qpr is the best I’m aware of. To put it in perspective people rave about the qpr of the chirashi bowl at wadatsumi in Torrance and comparing the two is like little league vs pro baseball and they are both in the 40 price point area.

2 Likes