October 2022 Rundown

It’s the NYC one.

1 Like

Lady Wong is in nYc (same street as Veselka), with a stall in Urban Haeker as well.

Not sure why this is in a west coast thread.

hi @TheCookie, nyc. thanks.

1 Like

Thanks @hal. I was asking about Yoshino. But in answer to your question: members post what they’re up to on the Monthly Rundown thread no matter where they are in the world.

5 Likes

A very tasty month :round_pushpin: California :fallen_leaf: Mushroom hunting!

Yoshi San - Kaneyoshi - Little Tokyo, LA :two_hearts:

Yasu San - Inaba Manhattan Beach in Torrance :two_hearts:

Kato - DTLA :two_hearts:

Kinn + Yoko San’s Soba :two_hearts:

SSAL - San Francisco :two_hearts:

Harbor House Inn - Elk :two_hearts:

Saryo Hachi - San Francisco :two_hearts:

Hayato - DTLA :two_hearts:

Needle - LA :two_hearts:

Endorffeine - LA :two_hearts: after trying Gatsu Gatsu (good veg!)

Needle - LA :two_hearts:

Konbi - Culver City & Sweet Rose - Santa Monica

Sui Croissants :two_hearts: & Endorffeine :two_hearts:

Needle :two_hearts: Forever lol

Nem Nướng Khánh Hòa - LA :two_hearts: & Hue Oi in Fountain Valley

Vientiane in Garden Grove :two_hearts: Thanks to @EattheWorldLA

Shunji Japanese Cuisine in Santa Monica :two_hearts:

Kato at ROW, DTLA :two_hearts:

Trying out TJ’s coffee cans for fun :kissing_heart: The triple draft latte is much nicer!

Marden’s Chicken Rice :two_hearts: & SM FM :two_hearts:

Kaneyoshi :two_hearts: to collect Matsutake points :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Sui Croissants :two_hearts: & Needle :two_hearts:

Morihiro :two_hearts: another matsutake heaven & more :sparkling_heart:

Fun moment: incredible pickles & Sanma from staff meal. The Japanese Renkon (lotus root) was so good!

23 Likes

that is some exceptional eating

11 Likes

Great eating and great pics.

Damn Needle’s french toast pics!

3 Likes

Strictly speaking, that’s Burlingame.

https://www.exploretock.com/kaisekisaryohachi

1 Like

Yes, sir, but no one know what Burlingame is if they’re outside of the Bay, and they’re moving to South Bay next summer. SF is a better pin on the map for them :bowing_woman::sweat_smile: Sorry, I’m also very bad with directions.

1 Like

Needle ftw… I mean for ever, for life, for whatever :sweat_smile: Needle is love :two_hearts:

1 Like

They are moving to Saratoga or somewhere south eventually.

Ate there. Quite good but spoiled by techies in their 20s in hoodies and crap sneakers also eating there. But I suppose their money is as good as anyone’s.

1 Like

10 months ago: $200 per person menu with 10 courses

Of interest, they have/use: Aosa/sea lettuce/green nori

Seats 14 max

That’s a good month!

1 Like

Shin San cannot make food for 14 people at once. The most he served was 11 and he only accept 10 top for private party. They signed the lease late Sep in Saratoga and will start building the counter soon.

*the new spot in in this neighborhood
Hakone Estate and Gardens
(408) 741-4994

Because we really love it there. It’s very peaceful!
They don’t have any help right now so if anyone know a good chef, please send him or her to Shin San :bowing_woman: They have to hand wash all the dishes themselves after the guests leave, it breaks my heart.

1 Like

What were the Sweet Rose flavors???

1 Like

It’s hard to enjoy great food when other diners are wearing cheap shoes?

Not that I go anywhere wearing shoes that cost under $300, but that reminds me of a Michael Bauer review in which he complained about people wearing wrinkled Dockers. Those were my dress pants, bitch.

3 Likes

LOL Shokunin book quest…

3 Likes

Hahaha when I eat, other humans who doesn’t cook or bring me food turn into air, they’re no longer visible nor important. I never dress up for dinner, until after the 2020 lockdown. Now I’ll dress up 200% for nigiri and all the food I like to hang out with because I’m not sure if that would be my last meal before another catastrophe happening. Anyways, judging people is bad for our health, just focus on food :joy:

1 Like

@paranoidgarliclover the staples I always get:

• 2X Salted Caramel and 2X Fresh Mint
  • Seasonal vegan sorbet is very nice this time: passion fruit and coconut but doesn’t taste like strong coconut, mostly passion fruit so I got one of that
  • 2X Butterscotch with toasted walnut is the best seasonal ice cream they make this season imo! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::hand_with_index_finger_and_thumb_crossed::two_hearts:

All the current flavors:

Disclaimer that I don’t like chocolate, banana or pumpkin spiced stuffs. If you do, please give them a try. The most popular one is the Rose flavor but it tasted like soap for me some how. I’m very lame :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

@J_L the best mochi shop in the US imo

4 Likes