October 2023 Rundown

How were the chilaquiles? This is the place Esparza was gassing up right?

Eta: Find the Best Chilaquiles in LA at This Pico Rivera Taquería - Eater LA

2 Likes

Yes, Taquearte California is the same place in Esparza’s article. I had time to slip away for a late lunch to try the spot. It was pretty busy after the article came out, so we were thwarted in our first attempt and punted to the fish taco spot in the same plaza, Baja Mar Taco.

The chilaquiles were good. Mind blowing? Maybe not as mind blowing as the first time I had chilaquiles when I didn’t know any better, but pretty good overall. $8 for the chips, sauce, and crema, $3 to add eggs, $4 to add meat, so $15 as pictured. We could tell the sauce prepared for the chilaquiles were different from other chilaquiles we’ve had elsewhere. The sauce had more chile presence, without being overpowering.

There is also an array of salsas and some lime served alongside. The meat is quite thin, but flavorful. The cool salt shaker on the table comes in handy to punch up the flavor. Seating can be limited with the four picnic tables flanking the dining area. It was worth trying an elevated chilaquiles once in a while.

10 Likes

yes contact @hppzz and try his delicious tofu pudding.

use promo code “porky” for 20% off

5 Likes

First time I’m offering my hand sliced smoked scottish novalox to the public this weekend too

15 Likes

I need this in my life - how can I purchase? Where?

Scottish salmon made like nova, smoked but less salty?

doing 1.5% kosher salt and 1% brown sugar for my cures

4 Likes

we offered it on my insta feed but all 22 lbs have been all accounted for.

8 Likes

i’ll have to courtroom sketch it for you, i forgot to take a picture. got two, three piece boxes: drum, wing, thigh, chicken rice, curry creamed corn, and soy glazed yams.

i remember it being better at the mp location. i’ll have to try it again piping hot dining in.

4 Likes