Pasadena near the Lammelle

Taking my lovely wife to see Whit Stillman’s Jane Austin take, “Love & Friendship”, tomorrow. As far as I can tell Pasadena is either burgers, new ramen joints, over-priced steakhouses, or head into the SGV for Chinese. Not my neck of the woods, so would appreciate any other options.
Thanks in Advance!

Takuya Japanese Restaurant, across the street.

2 Likes

Very legit South Indian Food and terrific dosas at Annapurna Grill on Colorado. No alcohol.

Luggage Room Pizzeria - very good.

Sushi Kimagure (omakase and reservations only). Sushi Ichi.

Saw pics posted for the new Lost at Sea in Old Town by the Papille’s Folks. Not opened until Tuesday, I believe. Worth calling to check.

2 Likes

there’s a settebello a few doors down from the theatre. i enjoyed the margherita pizza.
there’s beer and wine, too.
there’s also a roy’s, which i haven’t been to, next to the settebello.

3 Likes

Mexican: El Portal
Thai: Nine N Nine
Indian: Bollywood Marsala
Chinese: Lunasia
Poke: Pokenoya
Italian: Tarantino’s (cash only)
Upscale French-Japanese fusion: Maison Akira

1 Like

Unless you have a coupon or a discount card from Costco, I don’t think Roy’s is worth it. Plus they always try to push the souffle on you.

1 Like

Aside from the pizza, we also enjoyed the Misto (charcuterie) Antipasti at Settebello.

1 Like

Aside: so glad Whit Stillman has a new film out. Wish he was more prolific but I’m guessing getting a Whit Sitllman film funded isn’t exactly easy.

3 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion. Its hard for us to go out for pizza since I get such a kick out of making it.

8 Likes

They look great

Thanks. I take pictures of them and send them to ebeth to convince to move back here. Doesn’t work…

1 Like

How’s it working?

Not so great. She learned how to make pizza and sends me pictures to torment me.

2 Likes

:smile: :angry:

1 Like

Abricott or Malbec would be my choices.

If you’re willing to walk a bit, I would look at AKA Bistro and/or Green Street Tavern.

1 Like

Thank you all for suggestions. We ended up down the street at the Green Street Restaurant. It was pretty good, although my kobe burger was a little tough. I wish I had seen Ipse Dixit’s suggestions sooner. Settebello looked great as we walked by. That was probably the best choice.
The movie was very enjoyable; its a little slow to start but wonderfully wicked once it gets going. The script is fairly close to the novella with a few modern touches. Highly recommend it for those who love Jane Austen and Whit Stillman.

1 Like

AKA Bistro reminds me of Bistro 45. Have not been in forever. Is it any good now?

Pssst… I think Settebello was linus’ suggestion. Glad you enjoyed your date night out. Nice to do those things.

Looking forward to Love & Friendship. I do love Jane Austen and actually read a couple of her books this year.

It was indeed Linus, a fellow Wolverine.

Which one? AKA or 45?