Pico Blvd - Best of

Went recently. Really good. The whole family is there. Really cute kid, maybe 11 years old, helped serve. He was great. Food was too.

Nemroz - Where is that from?

Thor - where did you go?

A lot of places closed from this thread. Interesting…

Wi Jammin. Do you know another patty spot on Pico?

La Seranada in West LA

How was it? I haven’t gone after they were featured and embarrassed on that show with Gordon Ramsey. It was horrible. I’m scared to eat there now.

1 Like

I should have posted here. I love this thread, but forgot about it. So many threads now!

2 Likes

My vote for OG Pico eats is hands down a Jewish deli called Label’s Tables near Robertson. This place is closing forever very soon so highly suggest you get there ASAP.

Better yet, for $12.50 on Groupon now you can get $20 worth of food. My favorite is the hot sliced brisket with coleslaw, pickle and cream soda. Pastrami, corned beef and chopped liver too are rad. Double baked rye which I believe is same as Langers Deli.This spot will be missed!!

3 Likes

no way! i’ve been going there on the groupon for 2- 3 years now, have another one to use. i’m sad… it’s a proper deli with deli vibes… nooooo

2 Likes

Label’s Table used to have several locations around the city. I used to go to the one in Tarzana and the one in Calabasas.

My grandfather used to get the greatest thing, corned beef on the crunchy/crispy rye ends. I’d stuff the meat into them and squirt with deli mustard.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip. I have a couple of Groupon gift cards, but hardly see anything I recognize or want. I’ll use one on Label’s Tables and I think I saw a 20% cash back for your fave Buna Ethiopian too.

1 Like

I dont really use Groupon much these days either. Just Labels lately and some whale watching haha .

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t see as many restaurants that I like anymore. Haha! I saw all the whale watching ads. It’s tempting. My friends used a Groupon to rent a boat to sail around the marina. We had a blast.

Thread drift…

This is not us. It’s from an adv. :slight_smile:

I was gonna say you cute :stuck_out_tongue: we’ve done same from Newport. Do you remember which business in Marina does this? Want. I always want to be on a boat .

1 Like

Oh, been a while since I’ve been there. When/why is it closing?

I’ll ask. They probably won’t remember. :smirk: It was fun. We had cocktails after at Whiskey Red’s… probably another Groupon. Ahh, the simple things in life are sometimes the best.

1 Like

Like too many other spots, owner getting squeezed out by building owner is what I heard. No specific date yet but imagine if you stop seeing the Groupon offering then they are set to close.

Where am I going to go to see the old timers hang out? It’s always the vibe of a NY Deli in the 70s in there but with old hollywood types

they’re still fighting and trying to get a new place but we dont know what’l lhappen… either way i’ll miss the way it is now.

egg salad is bombizlz

2 Likes

How’s the bread? It looks pretty good.

amazing rye… i read the other day it’s same as langers

2 Likes