Pismo beach and environs

hello all,

long time, no see. after a while away, i’m going to be back in california this summer. i’ll post later asking after any new/interesting restaurant developments in the south bay but am currently after recommendations in pismo beach/morro bay/cambria and environs. we’ll have a few meals in that general area on a drive up to the bay area in june and would love to eat well without paying too much money (if possible).

even later, i’ll ask for bay area recs…

2 Likes

shit–i didn’t realize there was an “california: elsewhere” board. admins: please move this (and sorry for the work).

1 Like

Are there are posts (from me and others) in that other section of the board about Morro Bay and SLO. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ember in Arroyo Grande

1 Like

Jocko’s is 15 minutes from Pismo.

1 Like

I am dying to try Babycakes (I think that’s what it’s called) in Morro Bay.

How is Mexican in MN? I think Mi Casa is quite tasty, but it’s certainly nothing innovative or revelatory.

1 Like

we have some decent mexican in mn but i would be very happy to eat good fish tacos on the coast. it doesn’t need to be innovative or revelatory.

Truly excellent oysters! Revelatory grade - ended my nostalgia wishing Hog Island was located closer to SoCal.

1 Like

I haven’t tried their fish tacos, but menu indicates that they are grilled (in case you were hoping for Ricky’s style battered/fried fish tacos). The restaurant is also further “inland” in Morro Bay (quote b/c even inland is pretty close to the beach).

We also enjoyed our one visit to Frankie and Lola’s and to House of Ju Ju in Morro Bay (and those really are pretty much right along the waterfront).

We had a nice sit down meal in Cambria at Black Cat Bistro a few yrs ago. I don’t recall the details, though, aside from it being a nice, cozy space w/ deft service.

1 Like

BTW, should’ve clarified that Mi Casa is like a tex-mex place.

More ideas in Morro Bay:
Morro Bay Butcher & Deli is quite nice and has supplies that would make for a good picnic.

Taiyaki (!!!) and boba (!!!) at Sweet Reef Boba Tea. Skip the Japanese place upstairs.

1 Like