Pizza in Glendale?

I dont think it was hijacked by “the Right!” I just read about “disgruntled” pizzeria & bakery owners…

WARNING!

This Staten Island guy……

https://twitter.com/ScottLoBaido/status/1673373032075739141?lang=en

Dude it’s about neighbors not having to breathe in cancer. Emotional reaction instead of getting the facts/logic.

I really wanna try Ozzy’s!

4 Likes

the city should compensate these pizzeria & bakery owners for installing the “scrubbers.” interesting that another commenter really hated Ozzy’s…I dont think my positive reaction was off base

New York has various rebates, tax credits, and low-cost financing programs to help people switch from coal and other fossil fuels.

Preserving coal ovens is probably not a high priority for enough people to get the government to pay.

1 Like

it’s a heritage thing…like Italy’s DOP…it should be respected and protected

DOP is for food and drink. Much as I like John’s of Bleeker Street, there’s nothing special about coal except it gets very hot, so no reason not to replace it with something cleaner and sustainable.

2 Likes

I should confess: I reviewed Ozzy’s based on delivery. I tasted it as it came and then reheated for five minutes at 350.

In my experience, it’s fair to judge pizza by delivery. A lot of different styles — from Mozza to Gra — taste about the same after delivery as they do in person. But there may be exceptions.

In that regard, I actually ordered Gra as a makeup meal on the same night I ordered from Ozzy’s. I found Gra great. Two different styles, obviously.

I’ll go try Ozzy’s in person given that others like it.

1 Like

If you think delivered pizza tastes about the same as fresh out of the oven, you’re not very fussy about crust.

6 Likes

We were at Ozzy’s February 10th and didn’t have time to post. Pretty much on the same page as @lapizzamaven here. We REALLY liked Ozzy’s. The ingredients were solid and the red sauce is some of the best I’ve had for a New Haven pie and otherwise. Liked the clam pizza, loved the white pizza. Very commendable. Highly recommend. A few points:

• Located in a courtyard of a betting club and bar, no BYOB allowed
  • Wines aren’t great, best bet is Allagash White, also fullish bar
  • Outdoor seating only, can get crowded, closes at 8:30pm
  • Great crew, very friendly

As usual, many pics of half eaten pie :pizza::

P.S. For those missing the cheese on their clam apizza, clam apizza doesn’t have cheese.

12 Likes

thats what Im talkin’ about! your comments renew my faith in my own pizza judgement! grazie mille!

1 Like

thats for certain!

I doubt you needed validation of your pizza judgment :joy:. Very representative APizza.

1 Like

Not sure which pizzas you ordered, but would say the one pizza that would not reheat reliably would be the clam. If revisiting, try the Mikey White Rabbit and the Liotta. Those were the standouts. Others like the pepperoni better than me, but I’m not a huge pepperoni fan because it always seems like it tilts the salt :salt: balance on pizza for me.

1 Like

I need to suck it up and make the drive.

That tomato pie looks like a Sally’s tribute. Needs anchovies!!!. Famous clam pie just like Frank Pepe’s.

Re:Coal. I believe Modern does not use coal no one doubts them as New Haven style.

5 Likes

You need to suck it up! and report back!

1 Like

Modern uses an oil fired brick oven…never hear of that!

2 Likes

Update from a recent visit. APizza even better than the last visit. Wonderful patio and terrific service.

Tips:

• they’ll add or eliminate meat from 1/2 the A’Beetz (1/2 White Rabbit/1/2 Mikey White Rabbit or 1/2 Cheese/1/2 Pepperoni
  • add a side or two of the excellent house made tomato sauce for crust dipping
  • add a side of EVOO to drizzle on the clam pizza
  • add a side of hot honey to drizzle on your pepperoni :pizza: slice if you’d like
  • you can pay $25 corkage to the club; they’re very nice about it and will (actually want to) open your bottle and will provide glassware
  • there was a larger selection of hard alcohol than last visit
8 Likes

glad to hear the similar endorsement of Ozzy’s!!! have to get out to Glendale again soon!