Pizza - recipes, equipment, tips & techniques

I know this isn’t the stated topic but here was last night’s pizza. TJs dough. This pizza steel is just IT as far as we’re concerned. The vendoe did recommend 2 minutes at the end on broil and we did 1. Love it.

4 Likes

Does this fit here? I’ve been liking our pizza dough so much that it crossed my mind to do other things.

1 Like

Broke out the ooni for the first time this year.

Par baking the crust seems to yield better results with Trader Joe’s dough.

3 Likes

Maybe check out a baking steel. I’ll be using ours tonight and will take a pic.

I just reheated pizza using 3 different methods. Air fryer, toaster oven and cast iron with a lid. I still think the toaster oven is the superior method. The cast iron makes the bottom too crunchy. The air fryer does something that I can’t adequately explain but it’s not right. The toaster oven on 350 bake is the right combo of melty cheese and heated all the way through without being too crispy.

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: What’s the best frozen pizza?

This morning used leftover meat from another pizza, onion (Vidalia, a tiny bit of tomato and some chunks of mozzarella and made a kinda/sorta omelette. I LOVE this kind of meal.

1 Like

Not to brag or nothing but that worked out. Baked a white pie then dallops of the green and white stuff

8 Likes

Gorgeous . Cooked perfectly. Im not into the burnt crust trend. Nice

1 Like

NYish Sourdough pizza

8 Likes

Pesto and lebneh?

ricotta… home grown basil for the pesto!

1 Like

wish i could source good pepperoni

1 Like

Maybe not pepperoni, but I have found some pretty good vendors for amazing charcuterie and other cured meats that you can use as pizza toppings.

Red Bear Provisions: Red Bear Provisions (@redbearprovisions) • Instagram photos and videos (this is quite hard to get, I have only successfully gotten them from my Meat subscription box, Carnivore Club)
Giorgio’s Naturals: https://www.giorgiosnaturals.com/shop
Coro: Salami – Coro Foods

rosa grand is now at restaurant depot, no membership required. hormel cup and crisp are at most supermarkets. those are the two i use

2 Likes

I like Hobbs.

https://www.hobbsca.com/retailers

2 Likes

I watched ALL of this speechless. (Kept the sound off.) Look at the ingredients. Look at everything. Shiver.

Cooking is what you like to make and what tastes good to you - so what’s the problem with the video ?

Could we say it’s not representative of how most of us cook? Other than that nothing.

Ingredients aside, a mashup of deep-dish pizza and upside-down cake is an interesting idea.

1 Like