Pizzeria Bianco

Liked Bianco, people there are great, but for me it’s a little light on the cheese for a New York slice. My platonic slice is prob Paulie Gee’s, think Scarr’s has too little sauce if that helps you index my taste.

Apparently Bianco will keep this menu for daytime and the more Neapolitan or whatever style at night.

*glad it’s here and would def go back fwiw

7 Likes

I know the menu says, “NY slice,” but is actually supposed to be the style? The slices in the pic don’t look particularly “NY” to me (and the pie I had in Phoenix didn’t taste like any NY style pizza I had had, either).

2 Likes

Also doesn’t look very NYC to me.

1 Like

it’s not

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ce3q3KRl-OT/

1 Like
4 Likes

i like the foldie better but they’re totally different. one is a cold sandwich served with firm bread and the other is served piping hot out of the oven with puffy pizza dough.

4 Likes

found the badass!

2 Likes

Phoenix is his own style pizza. He will be doing that during dinner service here.

Lunch is just his riff on NY style.

3 Likes

About 10 people in line today at 1pm ish. Red slice was solid and the window is a nice addition to the mostly sit-down type restaurants at the Row.

9 Likes

yeah, not sure why CB calls it NY style but I had 2 great meals there

2 Likes

does anyone happen to know when dinner service might start??

https://www.instagram.com/p/CgNO6B6PCmE/

Dude seems like a mensch. And the pizza is good regardless of the naming.

12 Likes

h Chris Bianco is a mensch and the Pope of Pizza!

6 Likes

Quick … actually … Long question:

I work in Westwood. My elderly mom lives in Granada Hills. On Friday, I offered to pick her up in GH, drive her to The Row for pizza. She’s been craving pizza and I’d like to do something nice to her.

She suggested I go get the pizza in DTLA and just bring it to her house. That’s a lot less driving for me.

Question: Does Pizzeria Bianco do, like, regular takeout? From reading this thread, it sort of feels like everything is set up to eat on the premises. So, before I drive all the way to The Row only to find out they aren’t doing “to go” – I thought I’d ask folks who have been before.

FWIW - I get that it’s gonna taste better if we eat it there. But I’m just asking about the to-go situation.

(if this has already been answered, my bad. There are so many posts in this thread.)

Thanks to all.

6 Likes

Can’t answer about takeout but that’s quite a hike for you. Are you set on Bianco or would you consider other options that might be more convenient?

1 Like

Yes they do takeout! I even got a full-sized pizza box for my two slices last week.

2 Likes

You can do Pizzana after work. Prime and Pizza Wagon is closer unless you are dead set on Bianco.

3 Likes

There’s pizzeria sei on the westside

4 Likes

Joe’s Santa Monica. Or Pizza Wagon of Brooklyn.

#LessShlep #TastesGreat

2 Likes

They do whole pizza take out

1 Like