Pizzeria Sei

Looks like you should have invited @Clayfu

3 Likes

Are you suggesting that caviar topping should have been added to this pizza!

@Clayfu was apparently just teasing everyone just a few posts up.

ha ha. He’s gonna pull some cool stuff out for valentine’s day week. I got to taste some of them - very impressed.

Now if only I could persuade him to do the potato pizza with caviar as a regular thing on the menu… That shallot cream with the caviar is <3. But might need less ricotta to work with caviar.

1 Like

I didn’t care for the patate. I am not a fan of ricotta or cream on pizzas; too bland for me. I would have preferred Gruyère or some Alpine equivalent. I also thought the potatoes would have benefited from more caramelization.

1 Like

11 posts were merged into an existing topic: Warrior’s not-tasty-food restaurant: threat or menace?

margherita special - caseificio il casolare mozzarella di bufala, tomato, wong farms basil, extra virgin olive oil, sicilian sea salt

did I burn my tongue and mouth eating this? yes.
do I regret it? not really.

13 Likes

That looks so perfect.

Pretty sure I had the same thing recently, if it’s the “off menu” margherita. Totally delicious

12 Likes

What’s the difference the mozzarella?

3 Likes

the regular margarita uses fior di latte.

2 Likes

Is Sergio in the house tonight?

Do I have to ask for Savoy style or is it fine now just the way it is?

This is on top of my to do list. I believe this is the only place in the country to get it this style.

4 Likes

I’ve had pies by both Sergio and non Sergio and found them to be delicious.

4 Likes

What a flavor bomb. Definitely let it sit for 5 min or so. Super delicious tomatoes. I like the extra olive oil and salt. Just nicely balanced.

12 Likes

Did you ask for savoy style?

1 Like

I sure did.

I also had the Diavola but didn’t like it as much. Next time I’ll get the marinara. With quality this high simple is better.

I noticed the salt punch on top of the pie and on the oven, the crust is twisted slightly, olive oil near the crust and then dabbed with a finger, the pie is placed pretty close to the fire, and I think it was around 1 minute of cooking time.

Insane how LA has probably the greatest variety of pizza in the country. Just about every style of pizza is here. I don’t think the east coast can talk shit anymore.

Also the server said the owner of Joe’s in NYC comes here often lol. BTW the only Joe’s is the one on Carmine in the Village.

Edit: there is a Joe’s in LA. He probably meant that Joes.

8 Likes

Didn’t even know you could ask for it savoy style. I will try next time.

Does that mean a more burnt crust and more salt on the crust?

welcome back!

1 Like

is there anyone in la that can match top 1 percentile NYC slice super-consistently yet? NYC will never even consider ceding the title until that happens…

more oil, more salt. in the eyes of a picky eater, ‘big pool of oil, waaay too salty!’

6 Likes

Non Sergios are really dialed in now imo.

4 Likes