Portland Post-Pandemic

Well, maybe as post-pandemic as it’s gonna to get for a while.

Heading to Portland from the LA-area for five lunches (two for take out to another to a job site) and five dinners. Staying over on a Monday. Looking for special experiences and great eats not to be had in Southern California.

Sadly, Castagna is not open for dine in yet, but did score a reser at Le Pigeon, which we’ve never been, to at the counter. Thinking about:

DINNER

• Langbaan
  • Bhuna
  • Quaintrelle
  • Nightingale
  • Little Chickpea
  • OK Omens - Monday reser made
  • Kachka
  • Atuala

LUNCH

• Berlu
  • Lardo
  • Paadee
  • Matts BBQ

OTHER

• Son of Man Cider
  • Ken’s Artisan Bakery
  • Little T’s Bakery

Great coffee?

Would love to know if I missed some favorites or if there are preferences.

Many thanks in advance!

A friend who was just there said Piz Patisserie / Bar Vivant.

http://www.pixpatisserie.com/pixomatic

1 Like

Thanks, @robert!

Kenny’s Noodle House for their shrimp roe noods would make a nice lunch. I haven’t seen it in SGV but I could be wrong.

Tokyo Sando’s Miso Scotch Egg is another lovely lunch option.

They’re only serving street foods and small bites in their patio at the moment I believe.

This was a miss for us when we went last week. Brisket, pulled pork, and ribs were all a bit dry.

2 Likes

Our dinner there was very solid.

6 Likes

Thanks, @moonboy403. Your pics are the best. Much appreciated.

1 Like

Beautiful pics!

1 Like

Canard: I’m going to be honest. I did not think it was good. It’s below the level of LA restaurants that people ordinarily discuss on this site. I was, however, fond of the foie gras dumplings—except the “dashi” broth, which was a mess. Tip for Western chefs: dashi is not big and bold, and it’s certainly not spicy. It shouldn’t make you cough when you taste it.

This is the sister restaurant of Pigeon. I would not have high hopes for Pigeon because basically I think the palate is off.

3 Likes

I enjoyed the food, cocktails, and vibe at La Fondita. The staff were really nice. Like, nicest staff of the year nice.

1 Like