Queen Street

5 Likes

looking forward to never being able to get a table there too!

7 Likes

Went right at open the other day and got seats at the bar, had some snacks and drinks. Was pretty impressed by the food, especially the bread pudding and the pickled shrimp salad. Vibes were good, super stylish and popping and everyone was very happy. Will be back for a full meal, and also for more bar snacks.

4 Likes

i keep waiting for Barra Santos to tweak their hours. I’d love to be able to show up there at like 1030 and grab a small snack and a glass of wine.

Bc yes it’s damn impossible to get tables at all their spots. Somehow they’ve managed to make good food and attract all the hipsters

5 Likes

As a Charlestonian, I’m super excited to try this specifically. Pickled shrimp is very Lowcountry and ubiquitous in homes but not super prevalent in restaurants there.

4 Likes

I don’t begrudge them their success by any means, but it’s frustrating as someone who lives walking distance from Found that the idea of slipping in as a solo diner at the bar on a whim is beyond the realm of possibility. Such is the weirdness of dining out in LA in 2023, and part of the reason this will never be a “real restaurant city” (e.g. the Michelin thread).

3 Likes

about a 10 person line at opening, bar was full about 30 minutes later.

mixed bag, one excellent dish, many just fine, and one no bueno.

catalina bluefin tuna tartare, horseradish creme fraiche, cucumber, capers, dill, rye crackers

fine

she crab soup, sherry

okay

tomato and cucumber salad

good

cantabrian anchovy & tomato bread pudding

I was looking forward to this one the most, but again just okay. anchovy overpowered.

bbq’d gulf shrimp, calabrian chili oil, tangerine

fine

deviled blue crab fritters, 1/4 pound blue crab, buttermilk ranch

highlight of the night, perfectly fried crab balls of sweet jumbo lump crab meat.

chargrilled oysters, black pepper butter, parmesan, bread crumbs

good, wish they used bigger oysters.

golden fried flounder, served on the bone w spicy apricot agrodolce & carolina gold rice

worst dish of the night, way over done meat was mush, skin was soggy and sauce was way too sweet, didn’t detect any spice at all. I’m sure unverified max will have thoughts on this.

“iykyk” :exploding_head:

9 Likes

Thanks for taking one for the team.

That crab does look really good.

2 Likes

there it is 29:55

3 Likes

Heard from multiple ppl that this dish is a shit show

3 Likes

Putting this here without comment …

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdmfU3s_LNw

2 Likes

^^^^

Cliff Notes:

-The dude ripped a live crab legs off one by one and then threw the alive leg less crab into a pot of hot water. I thought they freeze it or do a quick head shot before cooking or butchery?

-Also teaching cooks recipes the day before opening?

2 Likes

Not necessarily for crabs, typically legs are torn from them just like heads are torn off spot prawns.

And also very common for line cooks to learn recipes in days before opening (or day before F+f which this was) and a core team has been there for longer.