Real talk: favorite frozen/take & bake pizza?

holy shit for frozen Costco pizza this stuff is amazing. May or may not help that I bought a new toaster oven w/ pizza stone.

1 Like

A pizza stone makes a huge difference.

If your feeling a little ambitious, try the pizza dough @ TJs w/ your favorite sauce and toppings—really easy and very tasty. Just make sure you heat up the stone for 30 minutes first (the dough also needs to sit on the counter for the same amount of time, so no big deal).

I used to have a set of 3 smaller pizza stones that I got from Crate & Barrel (unfortunately, the ex got those) and I would divide the ball of TJs dough into 3 personal size pizzas and top them each with different combination of ingredients for some variety.

I use TJs dough and this technique.

Interesting. I’ve never rested the dough @ room temp for 2hrs. or used the broiler.

Nor had I. Give it a try and let me know please.

Possibly sometime in the future when I buy new pizza stones!

Yep, we switch off between the Sabatasso’s round single serve pizzas and the french bread pizzas. They’re both good.

anyone tried this? costco on washington has it.

wow this was 3 years ago. what’s good now? same pizza? new pizza?

My friend just texted me and said the Motor City Pizza is great.

5 Likes

I like the Vicolo pizzas from Costco. The current roasted tomato and goat cheese is better than the old toppings they had, which were kind of dry. It’s in the refrigerator but you can just stick it in the freezer. I think the cornmeal crust (a descendant of Uno’s) does better from frozen than the usual yeasted wheat dough.

https://vicolopizza.com/goatcheese

Surprisingly tasty for a frozen pie. I had a slice of Little Caesars “Detroit style” a few weeks ago and no comparison… this blows that away.

Costco sells the two pack for I think it was $13. I’ll have to find my receipt.

7 Likes

Any carmelizAtion on the side like the pic? Or pretty standard square frozen crust?

Yes, there was! But I was stupid (surprise surprise). Pre-bake, when I was picking out the toppings that fell off to the side, between the pizza and the pan, I brain-farted and put everything that was on the side back on top… DOH…. Should’ve left that cheese. :cry:

Sure that would’ve made more of that caramelization.

I.
Am.
A Dumbshit.

Next time maybe I’ll dump more cheese, from my secret fridge stash, onto the side

4 Likes

my friend told me about this a few years ago but I always forget to pick some up. Looks good.

3 Likes

I buy that regularly. It’s not really Detroit-style, more like crisped-up focaccia. It’s funny how the toppings mostly fall off.

1 Like

Yeah, agree it’s not really Detroit.

So before baking do you leave the cheese on the side of the pan and just reapply any fallen toppings? I think I made a mistake there.

There’s not usually a significant amount of cheese that’s not on top. I just roughly even it out.

1 Like

I had quite a bit. After already putting it in the oven I started wondering if the cheese on the side of the pan was by design in order to add some goodness to the crust.

Favorite frozen : it’s always been Red Baron for me . Takes your little adjustments of toppings or cheese with ease . With that great drive in theater taste .

1 Like

I’ve gotten a couple that had all their toppings in place, no cheese on the side.

1 Like