Costco finds

I thought you were required to “browse” or risk having your membership revoked :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Saw it in Santa Cruz when I went in last week.

1 Like

No longer at Costco S. Cruz today. Hoping to try it if/when it comes back.

1 Like

I’ll be curious price per pound. It was $8.99 5 months ago.

If you like prosciutto di Parma, it is basically on clearance at $4.97 for 12 ounces at Costco in the Topanga Mall

9 Likes

7 Likes

We tried it recently, too!

It was surprisingly good.

4 Likes

Got a Roli Roti porchetta at the Richmond branch today. $8.99 / lb. Be sure to pierce the top of the bag for the microwave phase and unbag carefully so you can collect that lovely jus. (Cooking instructions are to microwave on high for 5 minutes, then roast at 450° for an hour.)

1 Like

So I assume it was good???

Smells good. I’m putting it in the fridge for future use.

1 Like

Keep me posted :slight_smile:

Seemed a bit overcooked and dry (not surprising given that it was fully cooked to start with) and underseasoned. I probably won’t buy it again.

1 Like

That’s a shame.

1 Like

It might be better if it were sous-vided to serving temperature, then crisped up with a torch.

What is it? I’ve reheated things, covered in foil at about 300.

Read back a few posts.

1 Like

Found this recently:

Basically, generic precooked pulled pork. Steam / sous-vide 'til reheated. Crisp up in pan w/ seasonings of your choice. Chili peppers, garlic, onion, cilantro, distribute on corn tortillas with chopped quick-pickle onion, more cilantro, and hot sauce of your choice. Street tacos!

season w/ garlic and ginger and scallion and chinese chili crisp and/or sichuan peppercorns/oil (and a few healthy pinches of MSG) and use in stir fry or fried rice.

heat it all up in your favorite bbq sauce for pulled pork sandwiches.

3 Likes

Everything from Del Real tastes like this

2 Likes

You say that like it’s a bad thing. Adequately cooked and largely unseasoned means it’s incredibly versatile, and you’ve saved yourself the long process of slow-roasting/braising.

I can say for a fact that the three applications above work flawlessly for your quick weeknight dinner.

4 Likes

90 minutes in the Instant Pot, always perfect. One of the few things it’s good for, but worth the.price by itself.