Saffy's - East Hollywood

First time at Saffy’s and I loved it! Yes…I know…why did I wait so long to try it??
I actually wanted to go to Pizzeria Sei first but they had run out of pizzas for the night without res so I decided to drive by Saffy’s :laughing:
It was packed on Thursday, July 3rd ahead of the long weekend while a lot of other restaurants were dead empty. I’ll definitely be going back to try more dishes since they had run out of some dishes like the grilled lobster skewer.

Thanks @PorkyBelly for tips on what to order! :clap:

menu

hummus ful

tomatoes

tempura sweet potato & fennel
Super good, very creative, and interesting!

skewars - beef shishlik & chicken shishlik
Loved both but slightly liked the chicken more.

orange blossom creme caramel
Very light and melts in your mouth.

12 Likes

12 posts were split to a new topic: Have restaurant prices gone up a lot? (No shit they have.)

A post was merged into an existing topic: Have restaurant prices gone up a lot? (No shit they have.)

Saffy’s is so good! Even our Chinese family loved it. Service was great!

3 Likes

but did the prices go up?

1 Like

If we are talking about saffy’s shwarma. I’ll pay $200+ for just that dish. So good

5 Likes

Olives: 3/5. Olives all small and, consequently, too oily from the marinade.
Endive salad: 3/5. Over dressed / tangy
Crudités and hummus tahini: 5/5. Not as good as Bavel though.
Squash: 4/5
Fish tagine: 5/5

Not the greatest Saffy’s meal. Bavel is more consistent and hits higher highs.

2 Likes

No kebabs, no wonder you’re not wow’d :smiley: Agree with you that outside their top tier kebabs the other dishes aren’t better than Bavel. They help make a complete meal when we go, but they’re not the reason why we go.

5 Likes