Santa Monica random updates

A quick search indicates this hadn’t been posted elsewhere here:

1 Like

Haha I guess I only texted it to everybody in my address book.

3 Likes

Today

8 Likes

where at?

Santa Monica and 14th

2 Likes

Dang. That is a nice add for the neighborhood. I am down there often to visit the Yarn store right around the corner. Super close to the E line stop too!

1 Like

I suspect the place will be swamped by all the young folks playing paddle ball at the nearby Memorial Park…

1 Like

I think Bludso’s is soft open. Didn’t walk by to confirm but insta makes it seem like it.

1 Like

Hopefully it’s better than Fairfax location. My friend picked up catering recently and boy was it not good.

1 Like

Tesla Supercharger adjacent, too. Never underestimate itchy westsiders with 30 minutes to kill.

Hah. I’m not part of the Tesla-rati. Planning to get a Jetta GLI for next car and then maybe hydrogen fuel cell after that (if they still exist) and if Toyota’s still offering like $20K off on a Mirai.

1 Like

Can pick up a donut at DK’s for dessert!

2 Likes

Haven’t had a chance to check in-person, but Katsu Bar Santa Monica hasn’t been an option for ordering on the website for the past 3 days. Katsu Bar, I hardly knew ye…

Mike Chen was there dropped a video yesterday or the day before. Maybe they’re overwhelmed.

1 Like

Walked by. Open and PACKED.

2 Likes

Oh, that’s good to read! I have really enjoyed their food (and the people working there seem super nice), so glad to hear that they’re overwhelmed and not out closed! (couldn’t find a phone number, so didn’t have a way to call)

Katsu Bar is open (in the Paderia building). They had the Rosemary Katsu Sando free with another purchase today, so we tried that, the black garlic udon, two yubu pockets (spicy tuna and egg salad), and lemon ginger soda. Thought it was all really good, though the egg salad pocket and the sando were the standouts. I also really liked the soda actually.

5 Likes

Sogno Toscano is immediately the nicest coffee shop on Montana. Also have wine, spritzes, and a small menu so actually best move may be as an apertif spot. Look at this heartbreaker:

2 Likes

Can someone explain to me why Margo’s is perpetually so full? I haven’t tried it, but I have been to Ashland Hill (which is fine but not particularly interesting or exceptional, and not crowded)?

There sure is a lot of coffee on Montana!

1 Like