Sources for catered/restaurant Thanksgiving turkey?

We host Thanksgiving in our home every year, and my husband is an ace turkey-roaster. But this year work commitments mean he won’t be able to handle the task. So we’re gritting our teeth and wading into the market for birds prepared by someone else.

Any advice? We have extremely high standards for Thanksgiving turkey unfortunately (in a typical year we have my husband’s cider-brined Willie Bird roasted with intense care). I suspect something from Gelsons or the like would be a major letdown. Deep-fried turkey is an intriguing possibility, but Bludso’s pre-orders appear to be already sold out. :(. We aren’t looking for any sides or trimmings–just very solid turkey. Willing to drive all over the city as needed.

1 Like

I highly recommend using the search function available here.

2 Likes

Thanks. Thought I’d re-up the query just because of the dizzying turnover in restaurant existence/quality/format, esp. these days.

Since your husband makes a “cider-brined Willie Bird roasted with intense care” (sounds delish) I suspect any substitute will pale in comparison. But I suggest a deep fried bird so at least you’ll have the juicy meat & crispy skin. Folks seem to like Loreto’s in Compton if you can still get one.

1 Like