South Bay Staples

Been awhile between visits but it was good when I went as well.

2 Likes

My second visit to Sushi Sonagi. This has become my favorite sushi place.

11 Likes

Bafang Torrance is now opened. Understaffed at both fronts ATM. Kimichi
Pan Fried dumpling is good.

5 Likes

Dumpling Mix is also now open in Redondo. Shanghainese-Taiwanese.

Canaan Cafe has more authentic dishes as daily specials. Not sure if they mention them to non-Mandarin speakers. Had a pretty damn good orange chicken and shrimp scrambled egg. Sorry no pics.

2 Likes

I went yesterday as well, it was understaffed and food came out slowly, but everything tasted good.

1 Like

I need to check out Dumpling Mix, it looks pretty nice inside.

3 Likes

Canaan starting to add a lot of good stuff! Their squid stew noodle soup is solid. Taiwanese glutinous meatball is really good. Their seaweed / tofu cold plate is excellent, even if the seaweed is a tad over-cooked. Haven’t tried their bentos or new stirfiried dishes. But this has been a great addition to the neighborhood and can only hope they keep adding dishes from the mothership. Also, nice to note that the traffic eating in / taking out has really increased and (knock on wood) I think this might be the first restaurant to finally stick in that location!

5 Likes

looks fantastic. thanks for the report.

I forget did you go to the Canaan restaurant in Cerritos/Artesia? Pretty solid.

1 Like

The food talk on this place began way back in 2016!

3 Likes

Moon Donuts.
Fresh squeeze orange juice!

3 Likes

Anyone have a good rec for a sit down Mexican spot in South Bay?

Been going to red onion a lot. Didnt really love madre all that much when I went last.

Tia

Jefes Cocina in San Pedro? Although they are really Guatamalan. Their “Fajitas” is very good if that’s your goto. Shrimp Quesadilla with Chipotle salsa (ask) is near perfection for me. Make sure to check for specials. Had their pork rib stew and Mexican Hot Chocolate Horcharta. Both are eye opening experience.

1 Like

Yep! We go there every so often. It’s solid for sure. My kids like the chicken pie!

1 Like

Apple Fritter at Moon Donuts. That thing is huge. I think it’s their best donut

8 Likes

Hmart. Fried soft shell crabs. After 6pm buy one get one.

4 Likes

Pedroca’s Burguer.

Drove by and saw a Brazilian burger spot in Lawndale. Anyone tried?

2 Likes

He just moved from Culver City. It’s good stuff!

5 Likes

Guarana!

Want to get in on that SGV Chinese Facebook/underground-ish food game?

Order today to pickup on Saturday. Torrance and PV pickup.

3 Likes