South Bay Staples

I’m also excited for the Marugame Udon opening there. I wonder what else is going to open in that building!

2 Likes

Board and Brew is going to be neighbors of Marugame

2 Likes

https://www.villagedelamo.com/directory

4 Likes

Pho Hue Oi! Good for them!!

2 Likes

They had no problem slotting me in on Friday. Pre ordered 100 flower chicken and steamed fish.

They are pretty vague about what you need to pre order very typical canto style frankness with responses like “well what do you like eating” lol. They weren’t sure if they were going to have fish so I proposed bringing my own. But it seems like they have the ability to make quite a few dishes. Will def report back!

3 Likes

Great! Please report back so I can live vicarious through you. Hope it’s a good experience. Btw, people have been BYOB in case you are interested. Check first tho. I would also suggest roasted duck too, think they served with bao.

1 Like

Great I will ask them if they have any available I assume as it’s around cny it should be fairly easy to get

1 Like

He makes BBQ everyday. He’ll just reserve one for you, plus the green onions and bao.

1 Like

Couldn’t resist a Fukugawa lunch so good

5 Likes

Rieras Cuban and turkey avo

2 Likes

Corner Burger in Lawndale.

Good hood burger! They do a western bacon that I need to try

Thanks @Dommy again! Gimmie a hood burger over a smash burger any day!

7 Likes

That is the truth! I have had many trendy smash burgers and still doesn’t hit like a turkey burger at Fresh n Meaty or a bacon cheeseburger at Fred’s Downhome Burger.

4 Likes

So hits the spot!!! Now you know why I drive from Playa Vista to there for a burger. The burger situation in Culver/MarVista is DIRE! :weary:

3 Likes

Have you tried the burger at Rockenwagner? Not the Wednesday smash burger, the regular 1/2 lb one on a pretzel roll. On Wednesdays, Maple Block also has a good burger.

4 Likes

Nice china cafe good home style cooking. They were slammed tonight because of cny. Not picking up the phone or doing any more takeout or sit down.

Business was almost exclusively takeout.

Food was very good, well made not too salty or oily a little light on the wok hei. Flounder was delicious but quite expensive. 100 flower chicken was super crisp and more rustic but still very good. Will be back to try their other off menu house specialities.

8 Likes

Thanks. I am definitely curious about the Rockenwagnwer burger! If I’m at Maple
block, I am ordering some ribs. :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Glad the dinner worked out. Putting 100 Flower chicken on my list.

Did hachi on Friday great times and great food.

Had butter corn, corn tempura, pork cheeks, miso intestines, kaarage, and a couple of skewers great with some ice cold Sapporo.

1 Like

Continental Gourmet. This place doesn’t get enough love! The empanadas are great - nice flaky crust, ample, flavorful fillings. The sandwiches are excellent - the bread is crusty outside and soft inside. Sandwich fillings are high quality and packed. For a family with two growing boys, this is amazing value for money!

4 Likes

For empanadas and Argentinian sandwiches I prefer el gaucho but that is much further north in South Bay