Tesse in West Hollywood - Finally found a great omelet

Had brunch today at Tesse in West Hollywood and found the omelet of my dreams. A very traditional French omelet with gruyere and chives. It was sublime - in my opinion much superior to the omelet at Petit Trois.

To start, we had the salmon crudo - with jalapeno, cilantro and citrus – also delicious.

The space was very pleasant.

Sadly the restaurant was empty except for one other dining party. I don’t get it given that people line up down the street to have the extraordinarily mediocre food at The Butcher, The Baker, The Cappuccino Maker. Not only is that restaurant beyond mediocre, but it is more expensive than Tesse and the seating there is cramped and unpleasant.

Would definitely return to Tesse. I wasn’t too intrigued by the wine by the glass list, but perhaps the bottle list is more interesting.

5 Likes

That is good Intel. Omelettes done right showcase a certain degree of cooking proficiency.

2 Likes

You prefer Gruyere to Boursin?

Apparently so. That must be why I preferred the Tesse omelet. I think it was the Boursin in the Petit Trois omelet that didn’t hit the right notes for my palate.

1 Like