The Best of Yelp

That guy never actually ate there. Does that not violate Yelp’s terms of service?

Not the same as this case, but I’d think that if I encountered issues prior to actually dining (like FOH or reservation issues at an establishment that would cause me to not dine) it would be fair game to review on Yelp.

1 Like

Delete

Thought of y’all

7 Likes

I think when growing up my parents would make real “cocktail sauce” to have with shrimp. Ketchup, horseradish, Worcestershire, and lemon juice. And for us “pink sauce” which was ketchup and mayo.

2 Likes

The review of a strident protectionist.

8 Likes

Sounds like a nut who didn’t bother to check the menu online prior to arriving.

1 Like

Only $16? Where?!

farmers market

I think that is the going rate at Gelsons and Eatly. I also paid that much for a clamshell recently on Locale. They WERE $15.50. But it’s still worth it.

I got some Harry’s strawberries from Locale last week since I was ordering some Langer’s pastrami anyway. They were very good but no better than those from two or three vendors at the Berkeley farmers markets, which I think are cheaper.

I was wondering if Guido’s was still in existence. Well…
https://www.yelp.com/biz/guidos-los-angeles?hrid=3Y7XPE9PXVo_xzW96tTZzA&utm_source=ishare&utm_content=review

Looks like that’s actually a review of Keith & Margo’s Murder Mystery at Guido’s, which I presume took place in the private room. Waiters were likely not the regular dining room staff.

1 Like

Not to derail this thread with Harry’s Berries anymore than it is, but Harry’s Berries are importante. I get these as an add-on with my farm box. Not quite peak as getting them directly at a farmers market, but still delish, on sale and I don’t have to leave my home at 7:30am on Sunday to have them.

2 Likes

Locale also delivers them.

1 Like

I’m retracting this statement, lol. In retrospect I’ve gotten some pretty sad looking HB at farmers markets before, so I think delivery HB are about the same. It just depends on how long they’ve been sitting.

Just, wow, and sad.

Oh no! Looks like SM closed but the other locations are still open.

I’ll just leave this right here

That’s a lot better than the usual Yelp-based list.

I finally got to try Pequod’s in December.