The Sale Thread

Spotted at Whole Foods in Brea. This is a mini version of the panettone. We bought a quarter for $6 to try. Good way to taste before dropping $60 on the larger size one.

I’m no panettone expert by any means. The only time I’ve had panettone was samples at Eataly during the holidays. Yeasty sourdough like flavor. Great chocolate flavor. Fluffy texture. A really delicious bread product. Pairs very well with Monkish hazy IPA. It’s expensive but I would buy the panettone by Roy again.

4 Likes

Hi @catholiver - Do you make turkey?

That trunk belongs to the luckiest foodie of the year! :drooling_face:

At Toyko Central. Tamaki Gold on sale for $21.98 vs regular price of $33.88.

9 Likes

How good is that rice?

We like it and the price was right. On another thread I think somebody mentioned that Chef Go at Hayato recommended Tamaki Gold as a good everyday rice.

I don’t have a good enough palate to tell you whether Tamaki Gold is better than some of the other brands mentioned above. If we were going to splurge on a more expensive bag of rice I’d definitely pick rice grown in Japan.

4 Likes

Very good. IMO one of the best Japanese rice for regular eating.

Easy to cook and has a nice fragrance.

6 Likes

I may get some. The closest store appears to be gardena?

Mitsuwa Torrance

5 Likes

If you happen to be in Bratislava today, it’s “Ameriky Specials” weekend.

My favorite is the four hot dog buns.

5 Likes

Definitely worth the price of a ticket for a deal like that!

Still happening. Bristol Farms

6 Likes

Nice PSA, thanks!

Yorba Linda has 40% off dry aged prime steaks. Rib eyes were $18.99 per lb. What a deal.

1 Like

@Luluthemagnificent @Happybaker @attran99

The Le Crueset Factory Sale is BACK! Tickets went on sale! I just got my tickets for the Thursday 6:30p Session. There are other earlier sessions. In-between the sessions, the team re-stocks.

https://www.lecreuset.com/factorytotablelosangeles?fbclid=IwAR2NWrghYkuEpytPBGZv6lMe0hpVb1ByK9vXzAJo7r2QLI-6zPcFciiaaqs

Only THURSDAY is the Mystery Box day. The way it works is that upon entering, you will get a coupon for a Mystery Box and then you go a get said Mystery Box right before you check out. The box will cost $50 and has a value of $200-$500 dollars.

If you can’t make it on Thursday, it’s still worth it to go to the $10 sessions. First, all the money goes to charity. Second, the prices are lower and the selection is greater than the outlet. They have one section of SUPER DEEP Discounts. I got my tall wall dutch oven for 70% off and I love that thing more than anything. No more Pasta Sauce splatters on my stove. I could cry.

Also, most of the staff is from the local LC Outlets and their other reps. They are HIGHLY KNOWLEDGEABLE and an absolute joy. So ask away. They know where it all is. What will work best. What you may need.

A few things to note.

–They have a lot of kitchen gadgets which are just okay. So be sure to use common sense and a good eye when selecting those. You will have time at the event so you can use the Le Crueset site to check out reviews.

–Their stainless are SO PRETTY. I love the small stainless Dutch Oven I got. However, it’s not sturdy as my All Clad or even Calphalon Stainless. The shiny lid has gotten scratches and some small spots of discoloration. Nothing major… but still a bit of a let down considering how I abuse my Enameled pieces.

–Finally… I got SUPER CRAZY LUCKY with my Mystery Box last year. I’ve been stalking the Dallas event and some folks got some SERIOUSLY some odd stuff in their box. The good news is that when folks complained about not getting the value expected LC asked them to reach out, but not sure what sort of remediation they got. Still, don’t go in there thinking you will get anymore than $200 worth… And remember what one even small LC costs RETAIL. Nevertheless, here is a link to the FB invite where you can submit feedback if for some reason this event doesn’t match that expectation.

8 Likes

Got Thursday 3:30! Thanks @Dommy!

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip @Dommy! Besides the Mystery Box on Thursday, how big are the discounts usually for their other standard cookware?

Thanks.

DOMMY!!!

I got mine Thursday at 12:30!!! so excited.

1 Like

Throughout the sale the discounts start at 40% which is bigger than the 30% discount at their outlets. There are larger discounts like 50% off of stainless and kettles (To be honest though, I got a dud kettle from them years ago, so buyer beware on those) and another table with items that are 60% to 75% off. These are often the DC’d colors and models. At the Dallas show, my friend got a braiser for 60% in the Rosemary (Green) colorway. She loves green and always wanted the Braiser, so she was thrilled.

Aside from the Mystery Box and the good cause. I don’t need ANYMORE heavy LC items. I am going there for the Ceramic Pieces and Mother’s Day shopping along with the Demos and Snacks. It’s a pretty good time for all!

Here’s a link to last year’s recap to get a feel.

4 Likes

Squeee!! Look forward to everyone’s reportage as it seems like we got all three sessions covered… :joy:

2 Likes