The Steak House @ Circus Circus -- Great as ever

We’re locals, and when we want a steak, this is where we go, although we’ve been to Carnevino, Palm, Smith & Wollensky, and others. Excellent quality meat, very good value. We paid a visit last night for the first time in a couple of years, and I’m pleased to report that nothing has changed. For about the same price ($60) as an ala carte steak at the other places, we had our choice of soup or salad, a beautiful, perfectly cooked dry-aged bone-in ribeye, with choice of baked or garlic mashed potato, and the vegetable of the day (asparagus last night). Perfect service (Mitch has been our waiter there for over 15 years), elegant setting, and all-around outstanding food.

The only real downside is that in order to get to this elegant oasis, you have to run a gauntlet of screaming toddlers, strollers, tattoos, and bad ventilation. It’s Circus Circus – what can I say. Well worth it, once you’re there. Please note that what I’ve described above is what you get. Aside from a few seafood options (who would do that at a place called The Steakhouse, anyway?) the menu is somewhat limited – no traditional steakhouse sides such as creamed spinach or potatoes au gratin. It’s OK – the steaks are great, and that’s what we come for.

2 Likes

I’ve never been to that steakhouse (I’ve been to Vegas exactly twice and that seemed to be enough for me) but your writeup reminds me of my own experience frequenting Steakhouse 55 in the Disneyland Resort Hotel over a number of years. Yes, you have to brave all that DISNEY!!!(TM!!!) atmosphere to get there (probably about the same amount of crying and vomiting, but in this case it’s the toddlers doing it, not the parents), but once there, you get impeccable service, a fine cut of meat, traditional steakhouse sides with obligatory kid-friendly choices, and at least an hour or so of relative calm in what’s bound to be an otherwise overstimulated and hectic trip.

Over the course of about 15 years of family xmas outings there, we had the same hostess who had been with Disneyland since the park opened. Not inexpensive, but you’re already at Disneyland. Frugal is not on your list.

2 Likes

The poor ventilation has kept me from going back. It is good to know that they are still providing quality beef at a nice value.

1 Like