THE Tsujita vs. Tsujita (Sawtelle) vs. Tsujita Annex: 3 Temples of Porky Ramen & Tsukemen

which bowl in particular?

I have such a hard time going into that area these days - between Tsujita / DTF / Shake Shack, it’s hard to nail down a place to eat.

1 Like

I had the regular tonkotsu ramen with extra firm (bari-kata) noodles.
Pure porky heaven delivered in a balanced bowl.

I have not had their chicken ramen (鶏中華そば) yet…
Looks like I need a return visit.

2 Likes

+1

And don’t forget the Happy Hour.

Interesting, I went when it first opened and got the tsukemen and it was really salty. I do like their chili condiment.

Hi @Ns1,

Don’t try Tsujita again unless you’ve built up a tolerance for liquid pork fat! :stuck_out_tongue: :wink: You said you didn’t feel well last time, and their style hasn’t changed since your visit. It’s still not light. :slight_smile:

I was there recently for tsukemen, it was very good for about four bites, but after that I was overwhelmed by the fat.

I took it home, along with some ware-soup, and after an overnight in the fridge, I removed about 5-6 oz. of fat off the top of the soups. When defatted and warmed up with a bit of water, it was wonderful. A very excellent broth; it just takes a bit of work to get to it. :slight_smile:

Als, thanks @NYCtoLA, the noodles were very good!

1 Like

I’m willing to give the tonkotsu a shot. Thanks for the warning though haha.

1 Like

I’m obsessed with the original Tsujita LA’s tsukemen. Def going to try out the Glendale location! :+1: Thanks!

4 Likes

Hi @Kikinii,

Welcome to FTC! :slight_smile:

1 Like

The few times that I’ve been there, it was a-okay. I much prefer Okiboru in Chinatown.

1 Like

Now I have to try Okiboru out! :slight_smile: I’ll be in food heaven if their tsukemen is as good or better than Tsujitas. Thanks!!

I haven’t been back to the OG location though so jury’s still out on that end…

Fairfax location specializing is a serious contender now in the tonkotsu game