What is up with photos?

Every time I upload over one photo there is a 50% chance that the upload craps out been going on for awhile

Happens for me when the files are too big and it seems to time out

1 Like

I’m just posting from my iPhone most time are those files too big?

Ya. Upload them 1-2 at a time and it’ll work fine

2 Likes

there is usually an option to resize photo’s before you upload them. Click on ‘options’ after you’ve selected your photos then resize (in this case medium)

1 Like

Take the time to shrink them to a smaller resolution, and usually the software plays nice.

1 Like

If you’re trying to upload more that five files at a time and not getting an error message that five is the limit, that’s a bug and I should report it to Discourse.

It should not be necessary to resize before uploading.

we’ve only had this problem when we have a slow internet connection (e.g., cellular). the software should be robust enough to account for a slow internet connection instead of timing out. but it’s free so who am i to complain?

no. the error is when you upload 4-5 pictures at a time of a larger size, it error outs as a cannot complete. But it usually happens on mobile. Wonder if it has to do with idling out on your phone. On desktop I never have the issue (I just tested upload 40mb files, I deleted so it doesn’t mess with your storage!)

I almost exclusively post on mobile because all my photos are taken from phone.

Whether it’s wifi or data seems to crap over 50% of the time with +2 photos.

I think something happened with the last update wasn’t a problem a couple months prior

1 Like

This brings up an old but nagging issue for me.

I wish I could find out how to have my Android photo roll photos to upload directly into FTC. Alas, this luddite still doesn’t know how to do that #GetOffMyPorchLOL

My current workaround: I upload to FTC by emailing my mobile photos, then hopping into my desktop PC to downloady email, and then upload these photos onto FTC. Too laborious, IMHO. I would appreciate some tech advice on how to upload Android photo roll photos onto FTC without having to use a PC…

On my Android phone, there’s a photo upload button at the bottom right below the text field.

I use this button

1 Like

Exactly.