What to make with already cooked italian sausage?

cooked and crumbled up like ground beef? I made it for pizza.

1 Like

Pasta sauce.

2 Likes

Frittata

3 Likes

Shepherd’s pie.

2 Likes

Soup with beans and greens

4 Likes

hot dog

(oops it’s crumbled?)

OK… deconstructed hot dog (Adria-style)

3 Likes

That or some kind of minestrone is what I’d most likely make. Depending on the sausage I might add it at the end to avoid overcooking it.

3 Likes

In addition to the above:

Mix with ricotta (or cottage cheese), plus diced onion and seasonings, then stuff into cooked shells, sauce, and bake.

Mix with bread crumbs and melty cheese (depending on the flavors of the sausage, Boursin can be a great choice) and make stuffed mushrooms/squash.

Mix with a thick pasta sauce (can bulk up with shredded zucchini) and make Italian Sloppy Joe’s using garlic bread or buns that have been toasted with garlic butter. Can also add sautéed onions and bell peppers to make a variation on a sausage sandwich, too.

(I currently have about a pound of crumbled and cooked Field Roast Italian Sausage in the fridge, having cooked too much for a pot of minestrone.)

5 Likes

Riff off the pizza and make it into sandwiches. Use a good ciabatta: split and brush with olive oil; lay down your sausage; top with mozzarella, sauce and parm then broil until nice and browned.

4 Likes

I ended up mixing it with diced and sautéed onions, garlic, crushed tomatoes, and leftover brown rice, plus cheese, and making stuffed bell peppers.

7 Likes

OMG! I love stuffed bellpeppers! Great call! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you all for the suggestions. I ended up making stuffed bell peppers since I had bought a bag from costco. I also added some to spaghetti sauce I had frozen. Thanks!

2 Likes