Where would you get birthday cakes/pastries?

Quick update, in case anyone else was looking to try the mango passionfruit pie from République.

They phoned just now letting me know they won’t have mangoes in 2 weeks - which is when I ordered it for - so if you want it, you should probably go soon! I ended up switching to the strawberry passionfruit pie, which I’m still very much looking forward to. :strawberry:

8 Likes

It’s very simple for me. I think Berolina’s in Montrose is worth the drive. They have princess cake, they have a chocolate version called prince cake. They have other cakes available. You can pre-order online. Everything is fresh and delicious. I am fine with it.

Portos is also good especially if you’re looking for a selection. If you’re getting things for the office I would prefer Portos because you can get some cheese empanada like things, some guava etc. Rather than one big cake that you would cut across. Albert Elenas has a lot of Swedish things. They are also excellent. Do you want something a little more interesting, check out the Armenian places like panos pastry
Wonderful buck lovers. Also quite reasonable, if you go to storage and I have bakery in West Hollywood near Fairfax and Santa Monica they have an interesting variety of Russian strudels. You can find similar things all around that neighborhood.

If for some reason you want a Hawaiian style cake, there are some good ones. Is an excellent one out near the marina but I’ll let someone else look that up

If time is of the essence, go to any Gelsons. Victor benes Bakery in the market has fine cakes and cookies. This is a work thing. You don’t have to go and get something insane. They are perfectly fine

2 Likes

quarter sheets does a very good princess cake

5 Likes

All quarter sheets cakes and desserts are top notch

1 Like

This is the second rec for Berolina’s I’ve heard this week! May need to investigate. And it’s right near La Cabañita…

2 Likes