Y'all famous. LAT piece on CH vs. FTC is out

From BoardReader on Chowhound…graph is stunning on the downward spike down…sad

http://boardreader.com/site/Food_and_Recipe_Forums_Chowhou_197029.html

1 Like

Indeed. The two graphs from boardreader are rather stark. Sort of tells the story, at least from a user-perspective.

As I pointed out in another topic, the URL was changed to www.chowhound.com. Can you do the search on that URL?

I’ve tried but don’t know if the stats are up yet on Boardreader since it looks like they switched on 9/12 to chowhound.com from chow.com.

Here is a link from Alexa on chowhound.com

www.alexa.com/siteinfo/chowhound.com

Looks like a third of the traffic is people Googling for recipes.

in general, concerning media (books/websites) in every format, cooking gets way more traffic/income than restaurant reviews.

i posted that. was curious whether they’d let my post stay up, and it did. that said, i wish the bay area boards for HO and FTC were more active…

So I heard this is where chowhounds go after they die and are reborn.

Sup y’all.

14 Likes

more like killed by a moron with dimples, or her jabba the hutt catfishing alter ego…welcome

1 Like

It wasn’t complete without you. Really glad to see that you made it @Ns1 .

1 Like

How are they going to get good recipes on CH when all the good cooks are here and on HO now . Just saying

1 Like

hahaha.

Welcome back “ns1” but I thought I remembered that your name was in lower case before rather than upper case ???

Or you the same ugy ???

if so, welcome back and that ain’t no fucking joke.

it’s supposed to be Ns1 - I guess I just missed the shift key when I signed up for CH.

Nice seeing you again bro.

and that aint no fucking joke.

Really? I think I previously had been using Chowhound - The Site for Food Nerds: Cooking Tips, Culinary How-To's, & More. to get to the LA boards for at least several months prior to The Change (and using that URL actually still works for finding LA-tagged posts).

I had to go to the LA Times to find out you all moved over here? Thanks for the heads up.

8 Likes

It’s a warm and fuzzy reunion!

One unintended great thing to happen out of all this, we all learned that a little BB out there in the internets has created an online family of sorts.

5 Likes

i look forward happily to our future disagreements on stuff.

3 Likes

I disagree

4 Likes
1 Like

Hey guys. Keep it fucking civil in your discourse please.

You can just disagree to disagree.