YESS - Arts District

Looks delightful… I’ll refrain from any bean jokes. :zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

I even liked the beans :beans:

4 Likes

Whaa? That’s some dish!

1 Like

The new Yess has opened. We will be guinea pigs next week unless someone talks us out of it. The food pictured above looks pretty good.

1 Like

We’ve got a Friday res at 6! Excited to try too

2 Likes

food was unremarkable, qpr is whack.

best thing I had that night, nicely fried and seasoned.

my $42 cod

someone else’s $54 yellowtail

the $65 half chicken

12 Likes

Are they kidding with the portion sizes? $65 half chicken! :astonished: Thanks for taking one for the team!

5 Likes
4 Likes

We decided to cancel our reservation due to the lackluster review and Zelda releasing at 9 pm tomorrow but may try in the future.

Same. Going to orsa and Winston instead

2 Likes

Let us know your thoughts on Orsa and Winston? We haven’t been in a while and have a reservation coming up.

Will do. Last we went was Nov 2021 so it’s been a while too. But sub 125 ish$ tasting menus where I don’t need to think of anything or be in the mood for a particular genre of food tend to be my favorite way to eat (and what I think we’re missing most in LA) so I have a soft spot for O&W

1 Like

I think the $20 shaved ice takes the cake!

4 Likes

It was very fun and tasty! Maybe a liiiiitle carb heavy for us (potato croquette, pasta course, split one of the risotto supplement, cornbread, there was a rice and lentil situation with the main fish, and a surprise polenta course)

Flavors were right and it’s nice to go to a dinner in LA that still feels like every dish is a surprise and actually changes often at that price point.

3 Likes

We got a little tour, but didn’t stay to eat. The space is beautiful :star2:.

2 Likes

Our experience at Yess was mediocre. The food was not tasty, some dishes outright weird. I saw no reason to come back.

3 Likes

I trust that everybody here has had a disaster of a meal—but it seems so compelling on paper that I might have to bite the bullet.

Did you go recently? I wonder if they’ve righted the ship.

1 Like

That was my logic - really wanted to like the place. Unfortunately it sucked in every way.
I went in mid June

3 Likes

The main reason I haven’t tried it is I’m not convinced I can have a complete meal there. Like, I don’t even see rice in the pictures or on the menu, either here or on Yelp. Is this truly a riceless Japanese restaurant?

1 Like