Antico Nuovo by Chad Colby

Ice Cream! Pizza too! :hearts:

Focaccia Pizza - Tomato, Mozzarella, Parmesan, Speck, Bell Peppers, Pickle Pepper, Jalapeño, Calabrian Chilis

Thick, buttery, crispy focaccia, zesty tomato sauce, cheeses, topped with porky & spicy goodness.

Time for Anchovies & Cornicione @PorkyBelly

How many things can I find to put on top of pizza crust? :relaxed:

Plain w/Anchovy

Tomato Sauce & Anchovy

Marinated Fava Beans, Tomato Sauce & Anchovy

Apple Pie Ice Cream

If you love apple pie then you would’ve loved this ice cream. It was made with actual apple pie and tasted just like it. :slightly_smiling_face:

Strawberry Ice Cream

This was late fall Harry’s Berries’ Strawberry. The strawberries were surprisingly sweet for the season, but this was the first time I had a slight problem with Antico’s ice cream. It was really delicious, but there were little bits of frozen strawberry and it was like crunching on bits of ice.

Strawberries, Apples & Cream anyone? Softened w/a little sweet cream smoothed-out the icy. :hearts:

Mango Ice Cream

Our most recent purchase. I was disappointed at first that it wasn’t like their plum & ricotta ice cream w/soft, chewy pieces of fruit, kinda like a gourmet fruit rollup (yep). Well! Chef Ray is not a one-trick pony. He’s got other ice cream tricks up his talented sleeve. Mousse! :blush: I don’t know if the photos show the texture and maybe because we got it super fresh, but to me this was like none of the other textures & flavors. No sweet cream necessary! :hearts::blush::hearts:

14 Likes

I was hoping you would try ice cream and anchovies

3 Likes

Next time!

2 Likes

he’ll be missed

1 Like

Yeah, I know. :confused: He says he left them in good shape ice cream formula-wise, but we’ll see…

1 Like
5 Likes

Antico (back in January 2020) was hands down one of my best meals last year. I’m really looking forward to what he’s got planned next because his one-off Friday night takeout meals were fantastic!

3 Likes

I had a really great meal there when they first opened albeit I didn’t think the QPR was very good. But I would gladly go back again for his new concept. Plus when it’s strawberry season and the ice cream has macerated strawberries in there, man that was the best.

7 Likes

from ice cream to housewares. I unsubbed from that list so fast.

My deep freeze still holds one last pint of Chef Ray’s extraordinary plum ice cream from last summer. Maybe I’ll decorate my foyer with it.

1 Like

They’re still selling pizza and ice cream.

https://app.upserve.com/s/antico-los-angeles-los-angeles

The shop with pottery and linens seems awfully tangential to the restaurant business.

1 Like

The bat signal needs to go out for this one…
https://www.instagram.com/p/CQzBh9nMFPI/?utm_medium=copy_link
It is as amazing as the Harry’s Berries, and is my favorite stone fruit ice cream.

6 Likes

Why the name change from Antico to Antico Nuovo?

Resys Open!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSadaUMFrUF/?utm_medium=copy_link

5 Likes

market fruit - stone fruit, fig, marsala, almonds
the marsala was a nice complement to the sweetness of the perfectly ripe peaches, plums, and figs. delicious.

focaccia - olive oil, sea salt
a bit like felix’s pillowy soft focaccia but with a really nice thin and crispy crust.

spaghetti - uni aglio e olio
uni on top was sweet and delicious, pasta had a medium firmness, sauce could have been a bit thicker to stick to the pasta better.

orecchiette al tavola di nunzia - sausage & broccoli
topped with pecorino and crispy breadcrumbs. good.

pollo e crostone - chicken roasted over foccacia
an ode to chi spacca’s pollo alla diavola? or a happy coincidence? chicken was nicely cooked and loved the crispy edges on the focaccia. I do wish there was some more sauce.

plum

damn I forgot how good the freshly spun ice cream eaten on the spot is here. instead of ice cream this should be called cold cream because you can’t taste a single molecule of ice in this cream. still my favorite ice cream in the city. must order. @attran99

also, I’m being followed by phil. luckily he didn’t bother me.

18 Likes

I’m really sad that I didn’t buy more pints of plum for my stockpile of ice cream.

4 Likes

Carnivore Night at Antico - my mother likes her meat!

Had the Steak (costata fiorentina) and the papardella last night.
Both were absolutely fabulous.
Terrific texture on the pasta and the ragu was sublime.
The drippings under the steak were fantastic. Wonderful piece of smokey meat and and incredible bone to gnaw on. Had a great Sicilian dry white for about 90 bucks.

Sergio was in da’ house.
Jon Shook (of animal, SOG, Jon + Vinny) was polishing off his meal when we arrived.
There were more employees than diners last night.
And by a strange set of circumstances I am returning tonight - for a less meaty meal :slight_smile:

16 Likes

hi @CiaoBob
what, no ice cream? thanks.

5 Likes

You must not know @CiaoBob that well. Not a dessert fan.

I love dining with him 'cuz then I can order a dessert for him and enjoy that as well. In other words, I can have his cake, and eat it too.

11 Likes