Array 36 - Temple City

the shanghai crab roe stewed tofu, shanghai style smoked fish with preserved plums, river shrimp, and crispy shrimp were good.

pacing and food temp sucked.

review forthcoming @moonboy403 @Clayfu?

the luxury menu

8 Likes

So the Peking duck was bad? :frowning: it looks so good on social media

Also I feel like food temp/texture is a huge part of Chinese cuisine so that is a huge ding

1 Like

i just see lots of missed opportunities for the caviar supplement :rofl:

2 Likes

will have to go to bistro na to order the caviar supplement with peking duck!!

4 Likes

I went a day after @porkbelly did and it might not even be the same restaurant based on his complaints.

Our service was incredibly attentive and food came out pretty quickly and at a good pace between dishes. We probably had a few more demands too as we needed wine glasses and also kept adding on more dishes as the night went on.

I enjoyed the Crab Roe stewed Tofu, RIver Shrimp, the Sea cucumber with leek (maybe one of the best SC preps i’ve had in a bit), the steamed turbot.

5 Likes

Do you think you got the industry hook up?

Honestly this is why I’ve been extra skeptical of the place, perhaps too much so. The unassuming places get a pass, but Array 36 seems to be the apotheosis of presumption. Then again, maybe I should visit for this very reason.

Who’d have thought right? :upside_down_face::upside_down_face:

I only put a name to a face when I went to Tak Shing Hong for my Prince of Peace lozenge fix. I’m almost keen to go because of that alone.

Nah. They don’t know me. I joked it was cause my table was 70% tall white males.

3 Likes

Gotta pay em proper respect that they deserve.

1 Like

The mainlanders saw all the gweilos and probably thought “they must be vips” lol

2 Likes

spirit on duck and then flamed isn’t either traditional way to do Peking Duck. (closed oven or open hearth methods).

Kind of a pan-chinese menu. Looking forward to osmanthus (flower) infused stuffed lotus rood. Had it the first time in Suzhou. THen saw it on a menu yeas later at Shanghai Seafood Village #1 (was that the name?) on Valley. It’s a great sweet and an awesome dessert, western style. Even made it myself during lockdown.

2 Likes