Backseat moderators, have at it

Exactly. The folks here ARE more well traveled than the average bear and certainly have lots to offer, but no one knows an area’s ins and outs like longtime residents.

2 Likes

Yes, but we’re talking about Chowseeker and Ipse. Both LA posters.

I almost wrote that the NJ board is the most active regional board on HO but didn’t want to be too wordy lol. But as active as HOs NJ board is a member caused a stir by posting his NJ restaurant dinners on home cooking’s What’s for Dinner because it’s where the action is. Just as a couple home cooks on FTC have been known to slip in a homemade meal on the restaurant thread Monthly Rundown because it’s where the action is here.

2 Likes

Who is? I’m not. And I’m unsure what your point is.

If that happened, I’m unaware of it. People will mention that What’s for Dinner is intended for home cooking, but “caused a stir” implies contentiousness, which I do not believe there was. Posting your restaurant meals there is not all that uncommon. I don’t do it, or at least I don’t remember ever doing it, and if it were up to me, I’d rather have people just start threads about the restaurants they eat at. Particularly if they eat there a lot, which - if we’re talking about the same poster - seems to be the case.

You’re right. You’re not talking about it so I didn’t mean you. You’re butting in with your two cents on a conversation you are obtusely or ignorantly unaware of. Like on HO. There was definitely contention about posting restaurant meals on the What’s for Dinner thread to the point of people wanting to take a vote. The yays won. Hurt feelings were had and a poster left. I care and pay attention to the people I communicate with. Do you? That you don’t (here or on HO) is not my problem and not my responsibility to explain.

1 Like

If you want to have a private conversation, to keep people from “butting in,” then take it to a PM. You know, like you did when you PM’d me to call me a bitch.

2 Likes

Ho Ho… again, you’re not paying attention if you think I’m not capable of calling you a bitch in the open forum. I was being respectful to other posters and you too in some respect. Because this goes farther back then your comments here which I find a minor irritant. I think you are a bitch who adds no value to this site and one who was a party to a most valued member, Bulavinaka, leaving FTC for good, as I said on DM. So if your intent is to embarrass me by calling me out then have at it. I’ll let peeps judge for themselves who the bitch is. This was the last day Bulavinaka posted on FTC…

3 Likes

One wonders why you don’t just block me, then. As I also suggested to you in our little tete-a-tete.

1 Like

Mjpopcorn.gif

1 Like

Save me some. I find this as interesting as you do.

Just tryin’ to keep things lively. :wink:

2 Likes

with the loss of CH, the HO LA board appears dead.

1 Like

Probably to many hall monitors.

Yeah I check on there once in awhile and I believe was the reason they started the la specific board. Before it seemed to be all of California.

I believe they’ve renamed / reorganized categories on HO. I’m pretty sure there were SF and LA categories when they started, now they’re “SF Bay Area / NorCal / Tahoe” and “Los Angeles / SoCal / Vegas.”

FTC Karen

Keyboard Warrior

1 Like

Think there’s a fine line here. Of course conflicts should be disclosed, and though the shill was obvious and innocuous, I find the whole thing kinda corny. It’s not a mortal sin or anything, and I get trying to run a successful business in a really tough climate, but I come here in large part to hear opinions that aren’t fully sullied by advertising or self dealing. This place (FTC) is many things to many people so I may very well be too moralizing (and naive to how much this goes on), but I’d prefer it not become a promotional tool. That line is porous though I know.

11 Likes

We’ve had far worse/more deceitful shilling in the past on this board. This one should get a pass, if only because apparently the food is actually something special. Looking forward to trying it.

5 Likes

There were multiple enthusiastic reports here by reliable informants for months before hanbooli started this topic, so it was a little late to meaningfully shill.

By comparison with FTC, yes.

2 Likes

I actually think the OP being honest after being asked about it is a decent enough reason for a pass. :slight_smile:

Back to the topic…

7 Likes