Baroo - Arts District

Yes, it is. It’s quite tasty, but perhaps best for those with large appetites. I would prefer the shortrib or the pork. However, the potato/kimchi roulade is exceptional, and well worth a taste.

And yes, the tasting menu is still broadly the same. They do have a vegetarian version now, so that’s new.

1 Like

In an interview, Uh and Park mentioned they have a new menu overhaul planned at some point, but that’s not likely to happen until sometime this late summer or early fall.

3 Likes

congratulations to baroo

7 Likes

their veggie stuff so good

2 Likes

Haven’t tried the latest Baroo yet. But I missed Baroo 1.0 so much.

1 Like

We went vegan today but for a supplement of black cod. It was all very good. We feel Baroo is deserving of a Michelin star. My one criticism of sorts is the same as for Kato: some sauces are too strong for my palate. Peony thinks it’s all right to her palate. Anyway, at $110, this is a very good value. It should be full, but you can just walk in on a Tuesday.

1 Like

which course was subbed out for the black cod? the lotus root?

We ordered it as a supplement, not a substitution. Don’t know what they charged.

1 Like

said it before in this thread but really need a menu change. This menu is so good but after having it twice I’d love to come back and be excited about it.

2 Likes

I feel exactly the same - we went 3 times in the last 6 months and loved it, but I would love to see some new things.

In an interview, Uh and Park mentioned they have a new menu overhaul planned at some point, but that’s not likely to happen until sometime this late summer or early fall.

1 Like

Someone let me know when this happens so I can stop stalking recent instagram stories.

3 Likes

presumably a new menu for this?!

12 Likes

Is there a preference for regular menu vs vegetarian? I’m going soon. Haven’t eaten at Baroo since the SM Blvd location, which I visited a lot.

I preferred the regular menu. But if they only had the vegan menu, I would still consider it a top 25 restaurant in LA.

1 Like

This is huge imo

When Jeong Kwan has the respect of chefs like Rene Redzepi, Corey Lee, and Eric Ripert you have to notice. There is lots of Korean food here but no temple food. Baroo is probably the closest thing.

4 Likes