Best Pizza by the Slice?

Wow!! Fantastic looking slices! And it’s decent walking distance from where we staged for the next few months. :frowning_with_open_mouth:.

1 Like

Glad to hear it was good. Had I been handed that white slice w/o a “warning,” I would’ve been like, “WTF is this???” :wink: Thankfully, the top of that crust looks mighty tasty, so I still would’ve happily eaten it.

1 Like

The white slice looks fabulous. I would have that with my coffee in the morning. Im currently having toasted sourdough with olive oil. cream cheese and mortadella

2 Likes

Solid pie-making, very hip area. I am more team Meat Slice there than their White Slice. Parking there is strangely a bit of a nightmare when they get busy. Calamansi Italian Ice hits the spot when it’s super duper hot outside.

2 Likes

This is the way I’ll finally be able to try Secret Pizza. Good looking slice.

4 Likes

He hasn’t shouted about this from the rooftop, but Sean’s been offering slices since last year

2 Likes
3 Likes

Cheese and Sprite, Friends and Family

9 Likes

LES location was super overrated, and overpriced when I went pre-pandemic. Just living off clout and IG hype

2 Likes

Maybe I went on an off day but I got a slice and thought it was pretty mid as well. I am happy they are coming though it just adds more variety to LA’s diverse pizza scene. The mill your own flour will appeal to certain populations in LA.

Now if only Lucali, Luigi’s (no way in hell), L’industrie, and Mama Too’s would come! Also wouldn’t mind Beddia and Angelo’s from Philly too!

To date there has been Pizza Wagon, Grimaldi’s, Two Boots, Roberta’s, and Prince St. from NYC>>>>>>LA.

Is there anyone doing coal oven whole pies in LA like John’s?

2 Likes

Deninos is opening up in Thousand Oaks. It might as well be in Brooklyn but maybe I’ll stop by the next time we are driving to Santa Barbara or Paso Robles.

4 Likes

It’s the platonic ideal of a decent slice if that’s not an oxymoron, though I may be romanticizing the average neighborhood slice of years past. For me it’s good but not special, and waiting in line for more than 10 minutes for a slice defeats its own purpose. The Tik Tok crowds are so silly, and if I wanted something quick in that hood, I’d do the spicy wontons at Deluxe Green Bo.

What is LES?

2 Likes

Lower East Side

2 Likes

Is this any good, not TO but back east?

First thing that caught my eye was a clam pie.

I think its supposed to be very good. Never had but heard good things. If it means anything to you Portnoy gave it a 9 at the original and 8.1 at one of the newer locations

1 Like

How is Burratino’s? They are REALLY pushing it with the social media.

Facebook

1 Like

Totally. I see them all over my feeds. Never even heard of them until I started seeing their reels and/or stories. It does look tasty. Whoever is doing their socials is doing a good job.

1 Like

It’s on my to try list, it looks ok like a solid local spot but just a lot of social media hype

1 Like
6 Likes