Beverly Hills and Reasonable

Anyone have any suggestions for Beverly Hills and reasonable for dinner? It doesn’t have to be great, but a friend suggested La Scala and that place is so awful that I just can’t do it.

Honor Bar

Viviane (in the Avalon Hotel), New Port Seafood, Fogo de Chao

1 Like

Not sure what your definition of reasonable is, but I really like AOC. Lots of small bites to share and the cocktails are fantastic.

The Stinking Rose :smirk:

1 Like

Genwa

You can do Wally’s pretty reasonable.

Il Fico on Robertson. Maybe technically LA, but close to BH.

Haven’t been but I hear it’s good with a very reasonably priced wine list.

sotto

1 Like

Porta Via. Il Pastaio .Via Alloro. Bar Bouchon. Wally’s. LA Farm.

reasonable is equivocal. personally, i’d love to hear people have a set dollar amount pp including tax & tip if budget is a constraint.

1 Like

I wouldn’t consider Honor Bar (or any Hillstone restaurant) reasonable. I can’t get out of there, or even R+D Kitchen, for less than $65/person (if you drink - it is usually triple the food bill).

Wally’s is where I’d head, but it’s also at least $60/person. To me, reasonable is $40/person, including a drink. It all depends on the drinks.

1 Like

So true sam.
It’s downright unreasonable for folks to come around here asking for a reasonable restaurant without offering us a reasonable idea of what reasonable means to them.

1 Like

To me, it all depends on Line 37 on your Form 1040.

2 Likes

ambiguity generally leads to me making the wrong assumption. in some matters one can not be too precise.

AOC is great, but technically WeHo =P

How about Momed? I don’t like the structure of the restaurant, but I do enjoy the food. The duck shawarma is very good. (Caveat: I haven’t been there in about 2-3 years.)

Thanks for all the recommendations. I guess I should have been more specific – I do agree with the one poster who said that about $40 a person is reasonable.

I would agree with the poster who said she didn’t think any Hillstone restaurant was reasonable and I also find Hillstone food very unimaginative.

I had considered Vivianne, but it looks kind of pricey by the online menu.

I love Middle Eastern food – one of my favorite cuisines – but I detest Momed. I think it is just plain awful.

When looking for reasonable, I always seem to end up back at Il Fico.

Thanks for the follow-up info!