Bicyclette Bistro - Pico-Robertson

The onion soup is offered in two sizes, which might help, but the portion sizes, while not tiny, are not excessive to begin with–heck, you might even want to order one of the excellent baguettes so you have something for any leftover garlic butter. If you are planning to order a main as well, that is another matter and might be too much with the soup, the tart, and the escargot (in particular, the cassoulet was very filling of itself). I would not get the onion tart to go, as it is best fresh out of the oven; however, Margarita Manzke’s desserts are terrific and most of them travel well.

2 Likes

so I went here recently… and I left feeling disappointed. the onion tart was the standout, but I found my short rib to be pretty mediocre and dry. Not sure how it got 33 on the LA times list… wouldn’t go back given the price

3 Likes

Not sure who organized the Valentines prix fixe menu tonight but the pacing is miserable. Been here two hours and I’m on course 2 of 5. I’ll probably be eating desert at 10:30 at this rate.

8 Likes

Wow posting mid meal—keep us updated

3 Likes

Sadly, I have nothing but time.

4 Likes

I’m imagining keht5 and their SO playing words with friends over dinner.

2 Likes

Anything to pass the interminable wait between courses.

2 Likes

Just talk with each other :wink:

3 Likes

Sounds like the old LQ dinners.

That’s crazy talk! :wink:

So how did it all end? :frowning:

1 Like

Service eventually sped up after talking to the manager a few times; still, we ended up leaving around 9, so a staggering 3.5 hour meal. I’m unsure as to why the long waits for food.

3 Likes

Valentine’s day overload. Classic.

So how was the food?

2 Likes

pithivier sighting

https://www.instagram.com/p/CqlKXJqPPsy/

3 Likes
2 Likes

A couple of my pictures came out too blurry to post but had a really nice meal, everything was well executed, the room wasn’t too loud, we asked for slow pacing and never felt rushed.

5 Likes

Love the onion tart. Is that the short rib dish?

2 Likes

We had the onion tart and frisee as starters and they paired well together! (Also grougers)

2 Likes

onion tart is outstanding! but did not find the short rib that great. still onion tart is a hit

2 Likes