Chi SPACCA

So you get 1 lobster for $130…

1 Like

:rofl: :joy: :sweat_smile:

…Yep, I think I’ll read those ingredients again, buy one and cook it on my portable grill… and my lemons are better. :wink:

The sauce is so complex on the spiny lobster that I can’t believe you could replicate it at home unless you had the exact recipe (and assuming you could procure a spiny lobster from you local fishmonger).

As to squash blossoms versus Caesar, I think the Caesar is more special.

Oh, of course not. I can’t get smoky on my little cuisinart grill either… I’m just sayin’. But my lemons are definitely better. :blush:

I’ve had great desserts at Chi Spacca. When I’m eating there why should I care what the customers next door are eating?

I’ve only eaten at Chi Spacca a handful of times but they don’t have the same breadth of offerings as next door. The gelato and budino are great desserts I love the copetta with spanish peanuts and marshmallows. Never seen the peanut butter pie on the Chi Spacca menu.

and half a lemon

5 Likes

I need to back this conversation up for a money, please. You’ve never heard of spiny lobster?? How is that possible?

They may have learned from experience not to offer desserts that most people are too full to order.

How much are you requesting?

To be clear - I never heard of this dish at Chi Spacca

For a *monkey. And I am so glad you clarified. I couldn’t wrap my head around that. :slight_smile:

Has anyone taken leftover bone marrow pie home… besides JGold? I’ll paraphrase him “That shit was good for breakfast.”

4 Likes

The filling is basically a braised dish so it’ll reheat well. The pie crust on the other hand…

Did you take it home?

You kidding me? It was annihilated to the likes of which we have never seen.

3 Likes

I ask because the consensus is leaning toward bistecca and tomahawk. I really want that pie!

:rofl: Okay and just the two of you, right? I want it.

Correct. And FIFY…You NEED it.

How many people are in the party? Tomahawk + Bistecca sounds like a massive amount of food for even 4 people assuming you’ll get a few other dishes + sides.

We do just about every time. Standard order for the two of us is the pork chop, the pie, the assorted charcuterie and a couple other dishes. Usually no dessert. Leftovers is normally a quarter pie and the meaty pork chop bones we can gnaw in peace at home.

We’ve had decent luck separating the top of the crust carefully from the filling and gently reheating in the toaster oven. It’s so buttery and rich, it holds up alright.

2 Likes