Chili Crisp Recommendations

That’s hilarious!
Strangely, though, we refrigerate our chili crisp.

1 Like

This came with my Momofuku order. I’m not sure how one would use a wooden spoon with its own carrying bag.

clearly you are expected to use it everywhere you go.

1 Like

Has anybody tried this? I like the Majordomo chili crunch but I need more heat. Same with the Lao Gan Ma. They both have great flavor but I tend to eat spicy. Any recommendations on spicier chili crisps?

3 Likes

This one is good as hell, and very spicy. More flakes, no oil tho. Super good on pizza (as proven by Quarter Sheets).

4 Likes

had it on top of quarter sheets and it was fantastic.

2 Likes

+1.

Lately I’ve been mixing these together and it kinda works as a pseudo spicy chili crisp.

9 Likes

That looks dangerous and right up my alley. Headed to Ranch 99 (99 Ranch if you’re a heathen) later this week.

5 Likes

Momofuku makes a hotter version of their chili crisp now. Extra Spicy Chili Crunch 3-Pack – Momofuku Goods

4 Likes

This sounds like it might be good.

Can confirm that it’s good. Goes over well when guests come over and have some vegetables and bread to swipe it up.

Got my hands on some Fly By Jing at a east coast supermarket chain.

Any try it with vanilla ice cream?

The zhong sauce is pretty damn good too. Umami, slightly sweet, with a little kick to it.

Yeah, with soft serve when they were doing a promotion before release in LA. It’s good but not mind blowing. Plus, the oil:solids ratio is a little heavy on oil which wouldn’t be great if you just sopped it onto ice cream.

My issue with Fly by Jing was that it was not crisp / crunchy like the others I’ve had.

1 Like

(not my photo)

I like this. Pretty good amount of heat (surprising to me for a TJs product) and VERY crispy. I just wish it had onions/shallots in it for a bit of sweetness and that it had a neutral oil instead of olive oil.

2 Likes

agreed. the chewiness of fly by jing is one of the reasons i don’t like it as much as others.

1 Like

The extra spicy is significantly spicier but with the same good flavor. I compared the ingredients and the extra spicy version has habaneros. Everything else is the same. The original version was a 3 in spice level. The extra spicy is a 7-8.

8 Likes

I was watching the latest episode of What’s Eating Dan about Tofu, when I got an email from Mala Market. I considered it kismet, so I ordered ingredients to make Dan’s MaPo, the noodles that made me open up that darn email and Zindrew Chili Oil. I remember @Srsly giving it a thumbs up, so I was looking forward trying it as soon as it came in today!

We had some frozen Parathas (ordinarily I would use TJ’s scallion pancakes) and so I decided to make Jian Bing for dinner as it was the perfect compliment to the plenty of chili oil…

And it was! The chili oil was super good… One of the best one’s I’ve tried… it was a bit more chili than oil and the flavors blended so well together, especially with that wonderful garlic note. The only thing that doesn’t make my top is that wanted more crunch. So for me, that puts it below Trader Joes and my all time fave… Chile Crunch.

6 Likes

1 more for S&B Crunch Garlic w chili oil. Always always have that… was fun over garlic rice and runny eggs for lunch yesterday… also fun on pelmeni in a veg soup

1 Like