Fast Food Thread

I don’t know, I’m sorry! I mean, I’m sure you can get it on Amazon but that’s not really new information.

I first saw someone pull it out of their pocket in their own house and was like, “What a pretentious douche” then within a year someone completely unrelated to them gave me one as a gift. I guess if the shoe fits…

1 Like

omg they sell pinch tins like altoids. so baller

3 Likes

I carry the Jacobsen salt version that I picked up at the farm shop at the Brentwood country mart!

1 Like

That’s a great salt . I’m hooked on the Cyprus flake salt . Big ass flakes.

1 Like

FYI, McDonalds has “declared” March 2nd as “National McMuffin Day” and they’re giving everyone a free Egg McMuffin through the app.

Ok, there is a weird freebie in the app. Has to be a mistake. A FREE Bacon McMuffin MEAL!

There’s a daily deal: FREE Pie Cookie Cone or Sundae with $1 purchase.

If you click to use the deal, it takes you to choose your item. In the selection list is Bacon Egg McMuffin Meal. The meal consists of the McMuffin, hash brown, and a coffee or other drink. Yes, for FREE!

After you select your beverage and add to cart, it indeed adds this entire meal to your cart for FREE. Btw, 2 Sausage McMuffins with Egg are $4.50 if you add two, no need to use any “deal.” So you can use that to get your freebie, if you want. That’s a lot of breakfast LOL

Guess what? I used it this morning and it works :slight_smile: 3 McMuffins, 1 hash brown and a coffee for under $5 inc. tax. I’m lovin’ it!

5 Likes

Thank you just got this for me and girlfriend lol

1 Like

I love McD’s vanilla cones lol why are they so good?

3 Likes

So I used the McDonalds mobile app to place an order. Went to the store and they were out of spicy McNuggets. I didn’t want regular so I asked the guy to cancel.

He said ok, he would.

So the other day, I went to use the app and under recent orders there was a filet o fish, small fries and a large shake. Yeah. Nothing I would ever order.

Checked my bank statement and there was a $13 charge from McDonald’s. Showed the date/time and the location where I cancelled.

Checked my email, looks like the order taker cancelled out my order and put the next customer’s order on that screen and it billed me.

Yep. Proof you need to check and verify your mobile payments.

3 Likes

I’m a fan of Chef Carl Ruiz, a chef and owner of sone Cuban restaurants. you’ve probably seen him a hundred times on Food Network not only cooking, but as a judge.

He passed away about a year ago.

I just discovered he did a series of YouTube shows, just him eating fast food and at chain restaurants and such. It’s just amusing watching a chef give his thoughts on places like In-N-Out, Five Guys, and McDonalds,

There aren’t a lot of episodes, but maybe you’ll get a kick out of them. He says “beyond reproach” a lot. LOL

OMG Carl’s Food Show:

3 Likes

I saw his InNOut review lol

Cliff Notes:
Get the shake and double double
The fries are beyond reproach lol

2 Likes

He despised the fries, so I don’t think he said they were beyond reproach (that’s a good thing).

But man, he loves that bloomin onion at outback. He’s going on about that LOL!

“The bloomin onion… is beyond reproach”

I’d like to know how he got so many long fries. The ones I get are always very short. I order them well done BTW, which helps a bit, but I’ve long said to bring 5 Guys fries to InnOut and you’ve got a winner.

1 Like

These reviews are great. He has such a distinct voice.

He is not in the pro-filet-o-fish camp:
“Probably one of the ugliest offerings that McDonalds has in the history of McDonalds … bite fwuh … I’m not sure what kind of fish this is, but I’m sure this fish volunteered to be caught, or probably jumped on the boat and killed itself, it doesn’t even smell like fish at all, doesn’t even smell like its anywhere near the ocean. The tartar sauce is pretty good though.”

Meanwhile the McNugget, while it also “doesn’t taste like chicken,” gets his highest praise: “it tastes like itself… identifiable as a Yankee hat … a chicken nugget in sweet and sour sauce is beyond reproach.”

A lot of fast food is like that. Even when a menu item tastes minimally like its namesake, it can creep into your preferences as its own thing. The filet-o-fish, at best, might evoke breaded fish via its mouthfeel. But I sometimes crave the combined flavors and textures of the slightly sweet puffy bun, the oily fragrance of the too-thick breading, the mutant cheese, and that tartar sauce. And oh yeah, even the fish. Each of the parts tastes alien and disgusting on its own. But somehow it comes together into a sensation that is clearly imprinted in my brain.

3 Likes

Did he have Jack n Crack tacos? I wonder what he would have thought of the “meat” in those tacos

(For the record I love Jack In Box Tacos! Not better than Del and obviously not even close to Tire Shop, but those shitty Jack In Box tacos are just magically delicious in a gross way)

1 Like

I thought the exact same thing!!

Damn!!! They ARE so addictive!! I order them with extra cheese and hot sauce. Only thing to make them better would be some sour cream!!

YUM!

1 Like

If you wanna get even more low brow (it’s already pretty low brow) you can dip them in ranch lol

1 Like

Dinner tonight. Held it with one hand, barely, do the top bun is a bit hidden.

Tastes like something you’d throw together in the backyard with the “charbroiled” taste.

And only $3 in the app.

1 Like

I liked the in and out fries years ago . They were great .Had them awhile back . Holy cow they were horrible. Looked and tasted like dehydrated foam . What ever happened I don’t know
Last time ate there .

This Cracker Barrel review had me in stitches!

1 Like