The Sale Thread

Glendale and Pasadena are closing down.

Stocked up on some jeni’s brown butter almond brittle and van heusen chocolate chip cookie dough.

3 Likes

I picked up some ice cream stuffs too. Good deal. The Strauss Creamery chocolate ice cream is so damn good. We used to buy the Three Twins ice cream sandwiches but haven’t seen them since they announced they were closing shop. The WF 365 brand is pretty good.

2 Likes

Ohhh too bad. I love the merch. and the cooking classes. They are definitely overpriced BUT have great sales. I got a Le Creuset and All-Clad pans from 30-60% off. I wonder if they’re open for walk-in customers.

You snooze you lose. This is definitely the thread you can’t sleep on. Looks like I missed some good goodies.

Weird “Sale”. Found a freebie in the mcDonalds app that has to be a programming error. A free bacon McMuffin meal (sando, hash brown, coffee/drink) with $1 purchase.

I posted it in the Fast Food Thread.

1 Like

Oh man I can’t find the deal there’s a McDonald’s down the street from me I would’ve gone down there and snatched it up!

1 Like

DAMN!!! I’m sorry, this isn’t listed as one of the “just for you” deals. I never get desserts.

It’s been in my app for a couple of weeks and never got around to testing it.

THey have the 2 for $6 sale right now. I always get big mac and fish filet.

1 Like

At this time, we have made the decision to cancel the Le Creuset Factory to Table Sale scheduled for September 17-20, 2020 at the Barker Hangar in Santa Monica. While we are deeply saddened that FTT won’t be returning to the Los Angeles area this year as planned, we believe this is the safest decision for our guests and team members alike given the current circumstances of the Covid-19 pandemic in California. All ticket holders for the Los Angeles FTT event will automatically be issued a full refund via TicketSpice for any tickets purchased.
In the meantime, we’re excited to share some good news – on Monday, August 10, Le Creuset will launch its Factory to Table Sale in its retail stores nationwide and online! The sale will run August 10-31 at Le Creuset Signature Stores and Le Creuset Outlet Stores as well as August 10-23 online. We hope you’ll join us in celebrating a new version of our popular Factory to Table Sale event this year.
Stay tuned here for more details on future destination Factory to Table Sale events and thank you for being a fan of Le Creuset!

6 Likes

Is there a FTT every year in Santa Monica? And you get an alert about this, if you’ve purchased something at the outlet? (I’ve purchased an item there, but I don’t recall getting this e-mail)

It’s a special event @Dommy mentions every year. The surprise boxes are the biggest draw to the opening days…I was very much looking forward to going this year. I know what I’m doing online on Monday.

1 Like

Kinda… this was just to be the second one in L.A. (They have a few in other parts of the country). :frowning: I am sad it’s not happening, but completely understand. There was no way we were going to be okay to have this sort of event in September. Pushing it into later in the year runs into Holidays and LC brings their best people in just for this event. It really is a special thing and even though I am sure that with everything going on, they probably have a ton of stock… there was just no way…

I am also a LC Outlet shopper and only heard about this sale first on Facebook. I didn’t even like their page, but for some reason I must have mentioned it so much in my posts and/or comments (I love and use the brand nearly everyday) that I made it into their filter. After I saw how awesome it was (I was super skeptical) I liked their page so as soon as it was announced, I pounced.

I’m not sure if I’ll check out the sale at the stores this weekend. It’s kinds last minute notice and honestly I’m still not going out a lot. They have been having some online sales, but it’s been limited stock/colors and the deals… although good… aren’t exactly the same as the ones at the FTT event. Sometimes you can do better at a Sur La Table post holiday sale… BUT if you do plan to go… the Citadel has both a Le Crueset and a Henkles Outlet which carries Staub. You can certainly price compare… Park in the structure of ultimate easy IN and OUT.

2 Likes

I love this sale.

3 Likes

Wagyu Days at Eataly
50% off
September 3-4

I won’t be able to get down there but perfect timing for those Labor Day BBQs. The sale is available via Instacart as well.

7 Likes

i believe it’s been mentioned, but as a reminder, restaurant depot is now open to the public. just get a day pass from the receptionist as you enter. they have what they advertise to be sushi grade yellowfin at $10/lb - but you have to buy 10 lbs. minced as for spicy tuna, only $6/lb - but you have to buy 15 lbs. if i had the freezer space,i’d be eating zuke/poke/tekka maki for a couple of weeks straight. or making spicy tuna type chirashi bowls every day.

4 Likes

DineLA 2020 listing is out and I could not be less impressed

I looked at a few things and stopped

• ADB - no biscuits
  • Cosa Buono - $35 for a mozz sticks, a salad, and pizza
  • Providence - seems like their usual en voyage offering
2 Likes

Aka Hit up Lawrys week

I would not buy seafood from Restaurant Depot personally.

I’d rather spend the extra money at Luxe Seafood.

3 Likes

while I agree with this sentiment generally…I feel like I’ve also probably consumed RD poke via some less than stellar poke places around town.

1 Like