Fast Food Thread

This Cracker Barrel review had me in stitches!

1 Like

I started watching that and remembered I had a ham steak in the fridge.

2 Likes

Okay so Orange Chicken vs General Tso’s

Seems very much like CA vs NYC. With Orange Chicken being more popular in CA imo.

OC is more sweeter and tangier.
GT is more spicy and less sweet.
Pretty much same technique just different sauce.

Which one is better imo?

One of my top guilty pleasures is Panda Express Orange Chicken so I am slightly biased. I do get GT and why it’s liked

3 Likes

Hankering for a Double Whopper, no mayo extra ketchup. $3 in the BK App.

2 Likes

OK, we can probably all agree that Wienerschnitzel sucks, though I guess those of us participating in the [The Drunk, Stoned, and Hungry thread] might disagree sometimes.

Maybe, just maybe, this needs to be explored? Tater Scoops??

1 Like

who would agree to such a thing. HEATHENS.

6 Likes

LOL!

Excellent! So I guess you’ll let us know how these taters are :wink:

Nah that shit looks gross. They could’ve made it great by doing tater tots but they had to mess it up with…whatever they’re doing.

Like, I just want their chili cheese fries sub fries with tots.

1 Like

TOTS!!

Agree, :100:!! More tots in the world is NOT a bad thing!

2 Likes

I loved the chili dogs . It’s where gross and good came together. Eating that mess in the parking lot . Looking down at your shirt to see if any of the grease dripped on it . Driving away thinking that sucked . Were good .

2 Likes

Lol Wienerschnitzel is the first place I ever had a pretzel bun hot dog so they’ll always hold a special place in my heart.

3 Likes

They don’t look too different from the Sidewinder™ fries they offer at Brick and Flour and those are pretty tasty. I’ll eat some pretty trashy stuff, though, so take it with a grain of salt.

1 Like

I’m with you only I’ll take it with a pound of salt! :wink:

Anybody do the free food through Taco Bell’s app yet? It’s effective through Dec 15th

https://www.radio.com/news/taco-bell-will-give-out-free-chalupa-craving-boxes-next-week

2 Likes

OK, gave McDonald’s a second shot at their new crispy chicken sandwich.

Yeah, I had to see if my first experience was a one off. Nope, my impressions are the same. The fillet is roughly the same size as a Chick-fil-A sandwich. And while they may dress up the same with just the pickles and the buttered bun that’s where the similarities end. This is a bland chicken fillet. They definitely went for a neutral flavor. McDonald’s uses no discernible seasonings. If you order it, make sure you get some sauces. Unlike Chick-fil-A, their sandwich needs it. Seriously, at least give me some salt and pepper.

It WAS crispy… it WAS juicy. So there is that.

Their spicy version uses the same bland chicken breast. Chick-fil-A uses a spicy chicken breast on their spicy sandwich. McDonalds is relying on their sauce to carry the day, for the flavor and the heat

I will say this, the sauce was very spicy compared to other fast food offerings. This, I liked.

Like I said in another post, the bun is the star of the show to me. They should totally make breakfast sandwiches on them. It’s a shame they didn’t spend as much time figuring out their chicken breast.

Cross posting in the February 2021 Rundown

3 Likes

Arby’s entering the fish sandwich wars and if you feel like giving up or making up some info, you can get a free sandwich. I went through the question steps just for kicks to see what kind of questions they’d ask and the set up before they actually give you the damn check for the sandwich. Stopped short of filling in my info.

https://arbysfishcheck.com/

1 Like

Having tried most of the fast food fish sandwiches a few years ago, Arby’s had my favorite.
Special mention goes to Culver’s, which made the best one I’ve ever tasted, but I haven’t been to Wisconsin in years.
Have not tried the Popeye’s offering yet, though.

2 Likes

KFCs new chicken sandwiches. They are $3.99 each a la carte.

Here we go with the foil packs.

They are pretty good. IMHO, definitely better than new McDonalds versions.

They’re thick like Popeyes, but not as crunchy. Comparable. The pickles though are not as thick or as bold.

They were quite juicy. The breasts were not of even thickness, which I like. Means less processing. The thick ends were thick enough that my mouth could barely get around it. Pretty cool LOL!!

The breading was crunchy, not quite as thick as Popeyes and could use some of those 11 herbs and spices from original recipe. That’s pretty much my gripe of Popeyes or McDonalds. The breading isn’t as seasoned as Chick-Fil-A.

The spicy features the same filet with a spicier slightly smoky sauce. Better than McDs sauce but not as hot. Wish the breading was different than the original, something I like about the spicy sandwich at Chick-Fil-A.

All in all, not a bad effort and a good price point.

Cross posting in March 2021 Rundown

4 Likes

I have not had Little Caesar’s in over 15 years. It’s now available on DoorDash and you can’t beat the prices. We’re wondering how much we’re going to regret this.

The bagel crust pizza is decent, until you catch some of the overpowering salt flecks. Can they make this without that? Otherwise, can’t complain for the price.

First time trying the cheesy bread. It is as glorious as everyone says.

12 Likes