La Morra Pizzeria

so PorkyBelly, are they a pop up or is it the 3rd St location listed on web site…and big thanks for the Margherita & sausage shout out!

1 Like

never mind, I see now!

Is it safe to say this is the best pizza in LA right now?

1 Like

Certainly a strong contender for the title.

1 Like

I am kicking myself for not trying them…

I remember they used to pop up at Tabula Rasa. I tried to go one night and couldn’t find parking so I said f it. Should have parked at the Ralph’s on Hollywood x Western.

Anyone had the frozen pies?

1 Like

I’ve had it, came out great. comes with instructions to make the crust as soft or as crispy as you want.

2 Likes

Is that the link you intended?

yep, scroll to the bottom

Inspired by this thread (thanks @PorkyBelly), picked up some La Morra for dinner tonight (and judging by my IG I wasn’t the only one). It’s been too long since I first had their pizza from the Tabula Rasa pop-up days, but this really is one of the best pizzas in town right now.

Margherita: one of the best versions in town.

Napoli + burrata: really needed the burrata, as the anchovy + caper combo was a bit salty on its own. But solid.

Patate + sausage: this was really great. Nice funk from the cheeses. With the sausage, it was kind of like eating a breakfast burrito as a pizza. PAEOI next time?

Bianco

20 Likes

Looks fabulous

1 Like

nailed it

i’m BYOEing next time

1 Like

La Morra x Woon collab

1 Like

I’m sorry but la morra isn’t that good. I went again last night…and had the same opinion as I did during their pop ups. It’s decent but not the best. and having cento pizzeria just the weekend before, cento is soooo much tastier and much cheaper/better QPR.

Anyone singing the praises of la morra go to cento and tell me they aren’t doing superior pies for better QPR

https://www.instagram.com/centopizzeria/?hl=en

3 Likes

I enjoy La Morra, though one of my pizzas was a miss on a recent visit.

Oste down the street is worth a visit.

2 Likes

Apples and oranges. If you prefer straight-up Neapolitan-style pizza, La Morra’s not going to be your favorite. It has some NY-style crispness.

Any reports? I did a search but it pretty much just came up with Mozza content.

I’ve heard good things about it and thought of checking it out.

1 Like

It opened a couple months ago. I went this week and had a pepperoni pinsa add calabrian chiles. My friend had the margherita.

The dough was crispy, sorta crackerlike while still retaining some chew. Didn’t feel “flat” at all either, still felt like I had a hefty pizza. I live a few blocks away and have been going to La Morra but am glad I tried Oste.

I’ll probably split my time between the two as they’re each unique. If only Apollonias were closer.

Plus they have wine and beer at Oste. I can’t imagine how nerve wracking it is serving btg right now but they had a variety. I enjoyed a couple glasses of a nice Arneis.

4 Likes

I’ll have to disagree with the “la morra isn’t good” but I personally can never have too much pizza so I’ll have to go down the street and try cento!

High expectations if it’s truly better than la morra :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Does cento pop-up in the sight glass bakery and coffee shop? The address on insta points to that address.

I miss @ilromanista.

4 Likes